Safety notices may be printed throughout this guide:
• DANGER notices call attention to a situation that is potentially lethal or extremely hazardous to people.
• CAUTION notices call attention to a situation that is potentially hazardous to people because of some
• Attention notices call attention to the possibility of damage to a program, device, system, or data.
World Trade safety information
Several countries require the safety information contained in product publications to be presented in their
national languages. If this requirement applies to your country, safety information documentation is
included in the publications package (such as in printed documentation, on DVD, or as part of the product)
shipped with the product. The documentation contains the safety information in your national language
with references to the U.S. English source. Before using a U.S. English publication to install, operate, or
service this product, you must first become familiar with the related safety information documentation.
You should also refer to the safety information documentation any time you do not clearly understand any
safety information in the U.S. English publications.
Replacement or additional copies of safety information documentation can be obtained by calling the IBM
Hotline at 1-800-300-8751.
German safety information
Das Produkt ist nicht für den Einsatz an Bildschirmarbeitsplätzen im Sinne § 2 der
Laser safety information
IBM servers can use I/O cards or features that are fiber-optic based and that utilize lasers or LEDs.
IBM servers may be installed inside or outside of an IT equipment rack.
DANGER: When working on or around the system, observe the following precautions:
Electrical voltage and current from power, telephone, and communication cables are hazardous.
To avoid a shock hazard:
• If IBM supplied the power cord(s), connect power to this unit only with the IBM provided power
cord. Do not use the IBM provided power cord for any other product.
• Do not open or service any power supply assembly.
• Do not connect or disconnect any cables or perform installation, maintenance, or reconfiguration
of this product during an electrical storm.
• The product might be equipped with multiple power cords. To remove all hazardous voltages,
disconnect all power cords.
– For AC power, disconnect all power cords from their AC power source.
– For racks with a DC power distribution panel (PDP), disconnect the customer's DC power
source to the PDP.
• When connecting power to the product ensure all power cables are properly connected.
– For racks with AC power, connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical
outlet. Ensure that the outlet supplies proper voltage and phase rotation according to the
system rating plate.
Copyright IBM Corp. 2018, 2020