Chapter 1. Introduction
This document describes the procedures to diagnose and replace hardware in ThinkAgile VX1320 Appliance,
VX 1SE Certified Node models.
• Chapter 2 "Identify parts" on page 3 identifies the location of model parts.
• Chapter 3 "Hardware replacement procedures" on page 7 details diagnosis and part replacement
• Chapter 4 "Software tools" on page 15 describes software tools to help configure the models.
• Chapter 5 "Configuration procedures" on page 17 details configuration procedures that may be required
for some part replacements.
Use the following general steps to maintain and replace hardware:
• Identify and diagnose a problem
• Request and receive a replacement part (customer replaceable unit – CRU) from Lenovo
• Node shut down, unless it is a hot-swap part
• Part replacement
• Node power on, unless it is a hot-swap part
• Verify the problem is resolved by part replacement
• Return failed part(s) to Lenovo
Customer replaceable units (CRUs) are parts that can be replaced in the ThinkAgile VX1320 Appliance, VX
1SE Certified Node models.
Note: parts cannot be removed or added.
Replacement of CRUs is user responsibility. Lenovo charges for CRU installation at user request. The most
important CRU replacements are:
• "Replace a front HDD/SSD" on page 7
• "Replace a power supply unit (PSU)" on page 8
• "Replace a chassis fan" on page 9
• "Replace a network interface card (NIC)" on page 10
• "Replace a host bus adapter (HBA)" on page 11
• "Replace a memory DIMM" on page 13
• "Replace an M.2 Adapter" on page 13
You may request Lenovo install a Field replacement unit (FRU) at no additional charge, while under warranty.
Some of the most important FRU parts include Microprocessors and System Motherboards.
Below are the ThinkAgile VX 1U Models and their corresponding CTO numbers.
© Copyright Lenovo , 2019