IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using your appliance, basic safety precautions should
always be followed, including the following:
• READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
• Unit has a motor protection system. If the
indicator blinks rapidly, unplug & let cool. Plug
back in to restart
• To protect against risk of electrical shock, do not
put blender base, cord or plug in water or other
• Close supervision is necessary when any
appliance is used by or near children.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use, before
assembly/disassembly and before cleaning.
• Avoid contacting moving parts.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged
cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions
or has been damaged in any manner. Contact the
consumer service number listed in this manual.
• The use of attachments, including canning
jars, not recommended by the appliance
manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock or
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let cord hang over the edge of table or
counter, or touch with hot surfaces.
• To reduce the risk of injury, never place cutter
assembly blades on base without the jar properly
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
POLARIZED PLUG (120V models only)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is
wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric
shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized
outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully
into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not
fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to
modify the plug in any way.
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a tamper-
resistant screw to prevent removal of the outer
cover. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do
not attempt to remove the outer cover. There are no
user-serviceable parts inside. Repair should be done
only by authorized service personnel.
• Keep hands and utensils out of container while
blending to reduce the risk of severe injury to
persons or damage to the blender. A scraper
may be used but must be used only when the
blender is not running.
• Blades are sharp. Handle carefully.
• Always operate blender with cover in place.
• When blending hot liquids, remove the lid cap
from the lid. Do not blend hot liquids in the
personal blender jar.
• Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric
burner or in a heated oven
• The maximum rating is based on the blender
jug attachment. The power input of the optional
personal jar or herb jar is less than the allowable
• This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack
of experience and knowledge, unless they have
been given supervision or instruction concerning
use of the appliance by a person responsible for
• Children should be supervised to ensure that
they do not play with the appliance.
1) A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce
the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or
tripping over a longer cord.
2) Longer detachable power cords or extension
cords are available and may be used if care is
exercised in their use.
3) If a long detachable power-supply cord or
extension cord is used,
a) The marked electrical rating of the extension
cord should be at least as great as the
electrical rating of the appliance,
b) If the appliance is of the grounded type, the
extension cord should be a grounding-type
3-wire cord, and
c) The longer cord should be arranged so that it
will not drape over the countertop or tabletop
where it can be pulled on by children or
tripped over unintentionally.
Note: If the power cord is damaged, please
contact the warranty department listed in these