USER SERVICING INSTRUCTIONS
CLEANING AND STORAGE
• Ensure the fan is turned off and unplugged.
• Use only a soft cloth to gently wipe the outer surfaces of the fan clean.
• To clean between the grille and fan blade area, we recommend using a pipe cleaner,
flexible dust wand, vacuum cleaner, or compressed air to gently remove the dust.
• To clean the rear housing use a soft dry cloth.
immerse the fan in water and NEVER allow water to drip into the motor housing.
use gasoline, paint thinner, or other chemicals to clean the fan.
• For storage, you may leave the fan assembled and covered to protect it from dust. Store the fan
in a cool, dry place.
Questions or comments
Call us toll-free at: 1-800-477-0457
Or visit our website at: www.HoneywellPluggedIn.com/fans
Please be sure to specify the model number.
NOTE: IF YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM, PLEASE CONTACT CONSUMER RELATIONS FIRST OR SEE YOUR WARRANTY. DO
NOT RETURN TO THE ORIGINAL PLACE OF PURCHASE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE MOTOR HOUSING
YOURSELF, DOING SO MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE FAN OR PERSONAL INJURY
In the USA:
THIS DEVICE (HYF500/HYF550 SERIES ONLY) COMPLIES WITH PART 15 OF THE FCC RULES
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant
to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful
interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy
and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio
communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this
equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning
the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which
the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Please note that changes or modifications of this product not expressly approved by the party responsible for
compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.