READ AND SAVE THESE
BEFORE USING THIS FAN
When using electrical appliances, basic
precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and
injury to persons, including the following:
FOR US MODELS ONLY – This product employs
overload protection (fuse). A blown fuse
indicates an overload or short-circuit situation.
If the fuse blows, unplug the product from
the outlet. Replace the fuse as per the user
servicing instructions (follow product marking
for proper fuse rating) and check the product. If
the replacement fuse blows, a short-circuit may
be present and the product should be discarded
or returned to an authorized service facility for
examination and/or repair.
1. Use this fan only as described in this
manual. Other use not recommended as it
may cause fire, electric shock or injury to
2. This product is intended for household use
ONLY and not for commercial, industrial or
Honeywell is a trademark of Honeywell International Inc., used under license by Helen of Troy Limited.
Honeywell International Inc. makes no representation or warranties with respect to this product.
Model DYF012 Series
Model HYF013 Series
Model HYF023 Series
3. To protect against electric shock, do not
place fan in window, immerse unit, plug
or cord in water or spray with liquids.
4. This appliance has a polarized plug (one
blade is wider than the other). To reduce
the risk of shock, this plug is intended to
fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the
plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse
the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a
qualified electrician. Do not attempt to
defeat this safety feature.
5. Close supervision is necessary when any
appliance is used by or near children.
6. Turn the fan OFF and unplug the fan from
the outlet when not in use, when moving
the fan from one location to another and
7. To disconnect the fan, first turn the unit
OFF, grip the plug and pull it from the wall
outlet. Never pull the plug by the cord.
8 Do not operate the fan in the presence of
explosive and/or flammable fumes.
9. Do not place the fan or any parts near
an open flame, cooking or other heating
10. Do not operate the fan with a damaged
cord or plug or if the product malfunctions,
is dropped or damaged in any manner
11. Do not use fan with an extension cord.
12. Avoid contact with moving fan parts.
13. The use of attachments not recommended
by the manufacturer may be hazardous.
14. Place the fan on a dry level surface.