HT450 SERIES FAN OPERATION (Cont.)
To activate the Oscillation feature, press the Oscillation button ( ) once. Press the Oscillation
button again to turn the Oscillation off.
When activated, this setting will automatically turn off your fan after the selected period of time.
To activate, choose from 2, 4, or 8 hour settings by performing the following function:
• 2 hours: Press the Timer button ( ) once.
• 4 hours: Press the Timer button twice.
• 8 hours: Press the Timer button a third time.
Press the Timer button a fourth time to turn the Timer feature off.
If the user hits the Power button, this will override all functions and the unit will shut
"OFF". The timer setting will be cleared.
HT450 REMOTE CONTROL ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
Note: Only the HT450 series model includes a remote control. The HT350 series model
will not operate with and does not include a remote control.
HT450 SERIES ONLY REMOTE CONTROL BATTERY
If your unit comes equipped with a remote control, you will need
to install 2 AAA batteries.
A. Remove battery door by sliding downward in direction of
arrow (Fig. 4).
B. Insert 2 AAA batteries into the remote following the
directional guides in the recessed slots.
C. Replace battery door by sliding upward opposite of arrow direction until door snaps in place.
NOTE: DO NOT MIX OLD AND NEW BATTERIES. DO NOT MIX ALKALINE, STANDARD
(CARBON-ZINC) OR RECHARGEABLE (NICKEL-CADMIUM) BATTERIES.
SEE RECYCLERS IN YOUR AREA FOR PROPER DISPOSAL OF BATTERIES.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B
digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide
reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This
equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed
and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio
communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a par-
ticular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or televi-
sion reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is
encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio TV technician for help.
HT450 SERIES REMOTE CONTROL OPERATION
Press the Power button ( ) once to turn the fan on.
Press the Power button a second time to turn the fan off.
Sound Level/Speed Control
The fan will automatically start on the "Sleep" level when
initially turned on. To adjust the sound level/speed up or
down, press the Fan button ( ) repeatedly to increase level.
To activate the Oscillation feature, press the Oscillation
button ( ) once. Press the Oscillation button again to turn
the Oscillation off.
Auto Off Timer
You can set the Auto Off Timer on your fan using the remote by press-
ing the timer button ( ). You can toggle through 2, 4, or 8 hours, or
press the button a fourth time to shut the
Remote Control Storage
When not in use, the remote control may be stored in the recessed
area located on the backside of the fan in the upper left hand corner.
Align the backside of the remote to the recessed area on the fan. A
magnet in the remote will hold the remote in place. (Fig. 5).
USER SERVICING INSTRUCTIONS
CLEANING AND STORAGE
• Ensure the fan is turned off and unplugged.
• Use only a soft cloth to gently wipe the outer surfaces of the fan clean.
• To clean between the grilles and fan blade area, we recommend using a pipe cleaner, flexible
• To clean the rear grille use a soft dry cloth.
• DO NOT immerse the fan in water and never allow water to drip into the motor housing.
• DO NOT use gasoline, paint thinner or other chemicals to clean the fan.
• For storage, you may leave the fan assembled and covered to protect it from dust. Store the
receiver is connected.
dust wand, vacuum cleaner or compressed air to gently remove the dust.
fan in a cool, dry place.