15. Do not hang or mount fan on a wall or
16. Do not operate if the fan housing is
17. A loose fit between the AC outlet
(receptacle) and plug may cause over
heating and a distortion of the plug.
Contact a qualified electrician to replace
loose or worn outlet.
18. Do not operate any fan with a damaged
cord or plug. Discard any damaged fan,
return the fan to the retailer where the
FUSED SAFETY PLUG – FOR US MODELS ONLY
This fan features a fused safety plug which is designed to cut off electric current to the fan if an
electrical fault occurs. Please see below for more information on how to properly use your fan and
replace the safety plug fuse, if needed.
USER SERVICING INSTRUCTIONS
• If your fan loses power and you suspect that the fuse on your fan has
blown, grasp plug and remove from the receptacle or other outlet
device. Do not unplug by pulling on cord.
• Slide fuse cover, located on the top of the plug, towards the prongs of
the plug. (Fig. 1)
• Carefully remove the blown fuse and snap a new fuse into
place. To reduce the risk of fire, replace fuse only with 2.5 Amp, 125
volt fuse. Fully close the fuse door by sliding back into place. (Fig. 2)
Discard the blown fuse. The plug should now be ready for normal use.
To reduce the risk of fire, do not replace attached plug. Contains a
safety device (fuse) that should not be removed. Discard product if the
attached plug is damaged.
• If you need further information on how or when to replace the fuse in
the safety plug, please contact Kaz Consumer Relations Department
by visiting our website at www.honeywellpluggedin.com/fans
or calling 1-800-477-0457.
fan was purchased, or request a return
authorization to return to Kaz USA, Inc. for
examination and/or repair.
19. Do not run fan cord under carpeting. Do
not cover cord with throw rugs, runners,
or similar coverings. Do not route cord
under furniture or appliances. Arrange
cord away from traffic areas and where
it will not be tripped over.
WARNING: To Reduce The Risk of Fire or
Electric Shock, Do Not Use This Fan With
Any Solid-State Speed Control Device.
DYF012 SERIES ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE: Remove all contents from the box being careful not to discard
the manual and hardware needed for assembly. A phillips head screw
driver ( ) is required for assembly and is not included with the fan
A. Base Assembly
• Gently turn the fan upside down.
• Place the power cord through the recessed channel located in the
center of the rear base assembly (Fig. 1).
• Align the rear and front base assembly and firmly snap together
by pushing the 4 round extrusion into the adjacent circles of the
connecting pieces (Fig. 2).
B. Securing the Tower Fan to the Base
• Using the 3 (M5 x 12) screws and phillips head screw driver (
secure the base into the bottom portion of the fan housing by
aligning the 3 screw holes on the base with the 3 screw holes on
the bottom of the fan housing (Fig. 3).
• Gently pull any slack out of the power cord and place the cord
securely in the power cord
holding bracket (Fig. 4).
• Place the fan right side up.
Your fan is now ready
DYF012 SERIES OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS
• Place the fan on a level
and dry surface.
• Plug the power cord into
a polarized 120 Volt AC
• To operate, press the
appropriate speed control
option: High (
) (Fig. 5).
• To activate or disengage the fan oscillation, press the oscillation button (
• To turn the fan OFF (
) press the Off button once.
) (Fig. 6).