BEFORE CALLING FOR SERVICE
SERVICE CALLS CAN OFTEN BE AVOIDED!
IF YOU FEEL YOUR CHEST FREEZER IS NOT OPERATING PROPERLY, CHECK THESE POSSIBLE
CAUSES FIRST :
1. Chest freezer does not operate
- Has a house fuse blown or circuit breaker tripped?
- Has the power cord plug been removed or loosened from the electrical wall outlet?
2. Chest freezer or freezer compartment temperature too warm
- Temperature control not set on proper position.
- Appliance is placed close to wall or heat source.
- Warm weather-frequent door openings.
- Door left open for a long time.
- Large amount of foods are kept in the chest freezer.
3. Abnormal noise(s)
- Chest freezer is installed in a weak or uneven place, or leveling screw needs adjusting.
- Unnecessary objects placed in the back side of the chest freezer.
4. Chest freezer has odor
- Foods with strong odors should be tightly covered or wrapped.
- Interior needs cleaning.
5. Dew forms on the cabinet surface
- Not unusual during periods of high humidity.
- Door may have been left ajar.
6. There is strange odor in my refrigerator, even though it is brand-new.
- When the freezer compartment is new, there is a plastic odor and other odors, because most of the
internal components are made from plastic and other materials.
7. When I open my freezer compartment door, my food has an odor.
- There may be an odor if your food is not stored in airtight containers. Storing wet food in a plastic bag
may cause an odor from the plastic bag.
8. My freezer compartment door is hard to open.
- When the freezer door is opened, warm air rushes inside. When you close the door, all of the warm air
becomes cold and causes a vacuum. This will make the door harder to open. Wait about 30 seconds
after closing the door to avoid this issue.