• Play the unit on the power source specified in
• To disconnect the AC power cord (mains
lead), pull it out by the plug, not the cord.
• Since a strong magnet is used for the speaker,
keep personal credit cards using magnetic
coding or spring-wound watches away from
the unit to prevent possible damage from the
• Do not leave the unit in a location near a heat
source such as a radiator or airduct, or in a
place subject to direct sunlight, excessive dust,
mechanical vibration, or shock.
• Allow adequate air circulation to prevent
internal heat build-up. Do not place the unit on
a surface (a rug, a blanket, etc.) or near
materials (a curtain) which might block the
• Should any solid object or liquid fall into the
unit, unplug the unit and have it checked by
qualified personnel before operating it any
• To clean the casing, use a soft cloth dampened
with a mild detergent solution.
• Never touch the wire of the external FM
antenna during a thunderstorm. Furthermore,
immediately disconnect the AC power cord
(mains lead) from the radio.
If you have any questions or problems
concerning your unit, please consult your
nearest Sony dealer.
Replacing the battery
Keep the AC plug connected to the wall
outlet (wall socket), remove the screw
that secures the battery holder at the
back of the unit using a screwdriver.
Open the battery holder.
Replace a new battery in the battery
holder with the + side facing up.
Close the battery holder and secure it
with the screw.
Press the HOME button and the
DISPLAY button at the same time in
[Home] menu screen to turn
• When you replace the battery, do not disconnect the
plug from the wall outlet (wall socket). Otherwise,
the calendar, current time, alarm and station presets
will be initialized.