• The unit's ATS (Automatic Time Set) function
automatically keeps the correct time and never
requires resetting. In some countries or regions, ATS
(Automatic Time Set) function is not available.
• You can use this unit and the AC power cord (mains
lead) in any country or region where the power supply
is within 100 V to 240 V AC, 50 Hz/60 Hz.
• You may change the time zone in some countries or
regions. For details on setting the time zone, refer to
• Though the clock is correctly set at the factory,
discrepancies may arise during transport or storage. If
necessary, set the clock to the correct time by
referring to "Setting the clock."
• For details on setting language, refer to "General
To deactivate the Demo mode
When you connect the power cord to a wall
outlet (wall socket), the demo mode will start
automatically 5 seconds later.
If you want to deactivate the demo mode, press
the HOME button to select [General Settings],
then select [Video Setting], [Demo mode] and
• If you do not operate the unit for about 1 minute, the
demo mode will start automatically, except when
playing back music and video.
Setting the clock
This unit automatically sets the date and time. If
this unit is initialized, you will need to set the
Press the HOME button.
Select [Clock Settings] and press the
Select each of the settings as follows:
x Time zone
Set your local area with v/V.
For the USA and Canada
Atlantic Standard Time
Eastern Standard Time
Central Standard Time
Mountain Standard Time
Pacific Standard Time
Yukon Standard Time
Hawaiian Standard Time
Western European Time
Central European Time
Eastern European Time
* Factory default setting
** For the United Kingdom, the time zone is fixed.
• When [Auto DST] (Auto Summer Time) is set to on,
the clock advances 1 hour.
• In some countries or regions, [Time zone] is not