• Locate the adapter mounting location within your Liebert
• Secure the card with the supplied screws.
• Connect the equipment's communication cable to the TB1 terminal
block or P1 on the card (See equipment user manual for details).
• Connect an Ethernet cable to RJ45.
• Connect a Modbus (RS-485) cable to the TB2 terminal block.
• Connect an input power supply cable to Pins 1 & 2 on the TB3 terminal
block; Pin 1 is at the far left, and Pin 2 is the middle pin.
P1 is on the
left end of
P1 is at
the right side
of terminal block.
DHCP: The card ships with DHCP service enabled. The MAC address is
printed on a sticker affixed to the top of the card.
Static IP: To assign a static IP address, use the Service Terminal to con-
figure the card. Proceed to Steps 2 & 3.
• Connect a configuration cable (null modem) to the DB-9 port
on the card and to a COM port on your PC. The configuration
cable is available separately from Emerson (P/N LIEBNULL).
• Use terminal emulation software,
such as HyperTerminal
direct connection to the card.
• Press Enter for the Main Menu.
• Select option 2 and follow the instructions to
enter an IP ADDRESS, NETMASK and
• Press Esc to return to the Main Menu.
• Enter X to save your changes and reboot the card.
Quick Start Guide
TB1 (P1: +; P2: -); P1 is at
the right side of terminal block.
, to open a
for NMS and