Electrical Connection, Installation and Start-up
• Comply with current national and local regulations for electrical installation work.
• Must be installed and put into service in conformance with EN 60079-14 and/or national and local
regulations applicable for explosible atmospheres.
• Before carrying out any work on the device, power off the instrument or make sure that the local
conditions in the potentially explosive atmosphere permit – the safe opening of the cover.
• Connect the wires to the instrument terminals, taking care of complying with polarities and maximum
• Before power up or after doing any work on the device always check the cover (12) is fully screwed,
O-ring (10) is free of any damage and security screw (9) is well locked.
Note: Before installation, check that the device is undamaged. In the event of damage, inform the manufacturer
whose address is shown on the serial plate.
Conduit entry in flameproof application
The connections can be done with different variations
taking into account approved manufacturer and
• A cable entry of a certified type Ex d IIC / Ex tb IIIC
can be mounted directly on the single ¾" NPT (ANSI/
ASME B1.20.1) housing conduit connection.
• For an adaptor or reducer need, these component
Adaptor or Reducer
Ex d IIC
Ex tb IIIC
Other adaptors or reducers if apparatus certified
ATEX or IECEx (Cooper CAPRI CODEC).
12 | BHGE
• For multiple cable entries (3 maximum), the adaptor
Y237 "Masoneilan" can be used for ATEX application
– If one Y237 input is not used, the conduit will be
closed by the followed plugs:
Ex d IIC
Ex tb IIIC
Others plugs if apparatus certified ATEX or IECEx
(type Cooper CAPRI CODEC).
– If two Y237 inputs are not used, the Y237 must be
• The cable entry with or without its adaptor/reducer
and the Y237 with its cable entry must be installed in
conformance with Annex III.
© 2018 Baker Hughes, a GE company. All rights reserved.