Electrical Shock Hazard
Plug into an earthed outlet.
Do not remove earth prong.
Do not use an adapter.
Do not use an extension cord.
Failure to follow these
instructions can result in
death, fire, or electrical shock.
22 | TROUBLESHOOTING
Please read the following before calling
your service centre.
1. The Stand Mixer may warm up during
use. Under heavy loads with extended
mixing time periods, you may not be
able to comfortably touch the top of
the unit. This is normal.
2. The Stand Mixer may emit a pungent
odor, especially when new. This is
common with electric motors.
3. If the flat beater hits the bowl, stop the
Stand Mixer. See the "Beater to bowl
If your Stand Mixer should malfunction
or fail to operate, please check the
• Is the Stand Mixer plugged in?
• Is the fuse in the circuit to the Stand
Mixer in working order? If you have a
circuit breaker box, be sure the circuit
• Turn off the Stand Mixer for 10-15
seconds, then turn it back on. If
the Stand Mixer still does not start,
allow it to cool for 30 minutes before
turning it back on.
• If the problem is not due to one of the
above items, see the "Warranty and