D. E-Bike Systems
The e-Bike Systems are designed to give you the optimal amount of
It assists you within a standard range based on factors such as your pedaling strength, bicycle
speed, and current gear.
The e-Bike Systems do not assist in the following situations:
• When the display unit's power is off.
• When you are moving 20 mph (32 km/h) or faster.
• When you are not pedaling and the pushing assist switch is released.
• When there is no residual battery capacity.
• When the automatic power off function* is operating.
* Power turns off automatically when you do not use the e-Bike Systems for 5 minutes.
• When the assist mode is set to Off mode.
Multiple power assist modes are available.
Choose from Extra Power mode, High-Performance mode, Standard mode, Eco mode, +Eco
mode, Off mode and Automatic mode to suit your riding conditions.
See "Displaying and switching the assist mode" for information on switching between assist modes.
Extra Power mode
*1 Applies only to the Drive Unit (PW-X).
*2 Applies only to the Drive Unit (PWseries TE).
Use when climbing rough terrain.
Use when you want to ride more comfortably, such as when
climbing a steep hill.
Use when riding on flat roads or climbing gentle hills.
Use when you want to ride as far as possible.
Use when you want to ride without power assist. You can still use
the other display unit functions.
Use when you want the assist mode to change automatically to the
best suited mode depending on the riding conditions.