• Snipe is more apparent when deeper cuts are taken.
• Feed work in direction of grain. Work fed against
grain will have chipped, splintered edges.
Planer will operate best if kept in good condition and
CHECK FOR WORN BLADES
• Condition of blades will affect precision of cut.
Observe quality of cut which planer produces to
check condition of blades.
• Dull blades will tear, rather than sever wood fibers
and produce fuzzy appearance.
• Raised grain will occur when dull blades pound on
wood that has varying density. Raised edge will also
be produced where blades have been nicked.
• Blades on this planer are reversible. Blades should
always be reversed or replaced as matched set.
Keeping a spare set of blades on hand is recom-
Refer to Figures 10-13 pages 8 and 9.
Always turn planer OFF and disconnect
from power source before starting any maintenance
• Loosen and remove thumb screws from blade guard
on the rear side of planer. Remove blade guard.
Figure 10 - Remove Blade Guard
• Carefully turn cutterhead by hand towards you until it
is stopped by the self-engaging latch.
• Loosen and remove six bolts from gib.
Figure 11 - Remove Gib Bolts
• Remove gib using magnets provided.
NOTE: Magnets can be easily disengaged from gib by
tilting them to left or right.
Blade edges are extremely sharp. Keep fin-
gers away from blades at all times.
• Blade is located in position by two pins. Gently lift
old blades from cutterhead using magnets. Do not
make contact with the blade using fingers. Use mag-
Figure 12 - Remove Blade
• Reverse or replace blade and carefully position it on
the two pins using magnets.
• Replace gib and align the holes on the gib with
holes on the blade using magnets.
• Secure gib to cutterhead using six bolts removed
• Depress latch to release cutterhead. Release latch
when cutterhead can be turned by hand.
• Turn cutterhead by hand until it is stopped by
• Remove gib and blade as mentioned earlier.
• Replace with new blade and replace gib and secure
it as mentioned earlier.
• Replace blade guard and secure it using two bolts.