Machine Error Code Indication (Function mode 82)
This function displays an error code of the last error on the LCD.
(1) Press the 8 and 2 keys in this order in the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
The LCD shows the "MACHINE ERROR X X."
(2) Press the Stop/Exit key. Return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
Output of Transmission Log to the Telephone Line (Function mode 87)
This function outputs the transmission log (that the machine has stored about the latest
transmission) to the telephone line. It allows the service personnel to receive the
transmission log of the user's machine at a remote location and use it for analyzing problems
arising in the user's machine.
(1) If the user's machine has a transmission-related problem, call the user's machine at a
remote location from your machine.
(2) If the line is connected, have the user perform the following:
1) Hook up to the external phone.
2) Press the Menu/Set, Black Start, Menu/Set keys in this order.
3) Press the 8 and 7 keys.
The above operation makes the user's machine send CNG to your machine for
sending the transmission log.
(3) If you hear the CNG sent from the user's machine, press the Black Start key of your
machine. Your machine will start to receive the transmission log from the user's
Cancellation of the Memory Security Mode (Not applicable to the Japanese model)
This procedure can cancel the memory security mode. Use this procedure if the user forgets
his/her password entered when setting the memory security mode so as not to exit from the
memory security mode.
NOTE: Carrying out this procedure will lose passwords previously entered but retain FAX
messages received in the memory security mode.
(1) When the SECURE MODE is displayed on the LCD, press the Menu/Set key and # key
together. Within two seconds, start to press the 2, 7, 9, 0 and 0 keys.
The memory security mode will be canceled and the machine returns to the calendar
8 -2 5