TC65 JAVA User's Guide
Strictly confidential / Draft
Changes to TC45
For those who are familiar with the Siemens WM TC45 product this is an overview of the
main changes between TC45 and TC65.
• "real" TCP and UDP access interfaces: SocketConnection, ServerSocketConnection,
Usage of StreamConnection, StreamConnectionNotifier, DatagramConnection is now
• Serial interfaces swapped: Standard.out is on ASC1, CommConnection on ASC0
(->open COM0 instead of COM1)
• No IO pin multiplexing: GPIOs, DAI and the serial interface for CommConnection do not
share any pins, so the selection mechanism no longer exists.
• The CommConnection interface which used to be proprietary (
part of the standard package (
• No more interface emulation on the PC: When running a MIDlet under the emulator, it is
completely executed in the connected module and therefore uses the modules "real"
interfaces. An emulation of interfaces such as networking, file system or serial interface
on the PC side does no longer exist.
• .jad files required: A suitable descriptor file is now not only required for OTAP but in any
case. An absent or invalid .jad file is an error when starting an application (at^sjra or
• Mandatory attributes: the attributes MicroEdition-Profile and MicroEdition-Configuration
are now mandatory attributes in the manifest and .jad file.
• Flexible echo: When using the ATCommand class the "echo" is now switchable like in no-
Java mode. Default is echo on, in TC45 the echo was always off.
TC65 JAVA User's Guide_V01
Page 69 of 69
) is now