Before Calling Service
Please make these simple checks before calling service. These tips may
save you time and money as charges for receiver installation and adjustments
of customer controls are not covered under your warranty.
"Ghost " or double
image when using
Good picture but no
Good sound but poor
Snowy picture and
noise when using the
Presence of a
horizontal dotted line
TV not responding
via the remote
Items To Check And Actions To Follow
• This may be caused by an obstruction to the
antenna due to high rise buildings or hills. Using a
highly directional antenna may improve the picture.
• Check to see if the TV's AC power cord is plugged
into the outlet.
• Unplug the TV and after 60 seconds reinsert the
plug into the outlet and power on the TV.
• At the rear of the TV make sure the antenna
connection is properly attached.
• Check to see if there is a station broadcast problem
by trying multiple channels.
• Adjust the contrast and brightness settings.
• Check the Closed Caption settings as some text
modes may block the visibility of the images on the
• Increase the volume.
• Confirm that the TV is not muted by pressing the
Mute button on the remote control.
• Adjust the contrast, color and brightness settings.
• Poor picture quality may occur when an activated
S-VHS camera or camcorder is connected to your
TV and another peripheral at the same time. Switch
off one of the peripherals.
• Check the antenna connection and signal.
• This may be caused by electrical interference (e.g.
hairdryer, nearby neon lights, etc.).
• Power cycle the equipment by turning off and then
turning back on.
• Determine if the batteries are working and replace
batteries if necessary.
• Clean the remote control sensor lens on the TV.
• If necessary, utilize the buttons located on the side
of the TV.
• Select the TV mode to ensure your remote control
is set in the TV mode.