Installation on Clients
This section describes the procedure for installing the printer driver on a client
There are two ways to install the printer driver: local installation and download
■ Local Installation (See p. 4-62)
Installing the printer driver using the supplied CD-ROM.
■ Download Installation
Installing the printer driver without using the supplied CD-ROM, but by downloading the
printer driver from the print server. There are the following two ways to download and
install the printer driver:
• Installing from [Add Printer Wizard] (See p. 4-68)
• Installing from [Windows Explorer] (See p. 4-72)
• If you are using Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003, be sure to log on as a member of
Administrators when starting up.
• If you are using Windows XP Service Pack 2 or another operating system equipped with
Windows Firewall on a client computer, conﬁgure the following settings. If you do not
perform the following settings on the client computers, the printer status may not be
displayed properly in the Printer Status Window, and some of the printer functions may
not operate properly.
1. From the [Start] menu, select [Control Panel], and then click [Network and Internet
2. In the [Exceptions] sheet in the [Windows Firewall] dialog box, select the [File and
Downloaded from ManualsPrinter.com Manuals
Connections] ➞ [Windows Firewall].
Printer Sharing] check box, and then click [OK].
Printing from a Network Computer by Sharing the Printer on a Network