• Always ensure the bread machine is properly
assembled before connecting to
a power outlet and operating. Follow the
instructions provided in this book.
• The bread machine is not intended to be
operated by means of an external timer or
separate remote control system.
• The lid and the outer surface may get hot when
the appliance is operating.
• The temperature of accessible surfaces may be
high when the appliance is operating.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Allow the bread
machine to cool before cleaning any parts.
• Steam vents are very hot during baking. Do not
place anything on top of the lid.
• Do not cover the air vents when the bread
machine is in use.
• Use oven mitts when removing the hot bread
pan and the bread or jam from the pan.
• Take care when pouring jam from the bread pan
as the jam is extremely hot.
• Do not place any ingredients directly into the
baking chamber. Place ingredients into the
bread pan only.
• Do not pour any liquids into the Fruit and
• Do not place fingers or hands inside the bread
machine during operation. Avoid contact with
• Ensure the bread machine is switched off and
then unplugged from the power outlet when not
in use and before cleaning.
• Do not immerse the bread pan in water.
Doing so may interfere with the free movement
of the drive shaft. Wash only the interior of the
• Do not leave the lid standing open for extended
periods of time.
• Always ensure the kneading blade is removed
from the base of the baked loaf prior to slicing.
• Keep the inside and outside of the appliance
clean. Follow the cleaning instructions provided
in this book.
FOR ALL ELECTRICAL
• Unwind the power cord fully before use.
• To protect against electric shock, do not
immerse power cord, power plug or appliance
• Do not let the power cord hang over the edge of
a bench or table, touch hot surfaces or become
• The appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or
lack of experience and knowledge, unless they
have been given supervision or instruction
concerning the use of the appliance by a person
responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that
they do not play with the appliance.
• It is recommended to regularly inspect the
appliance. Do not use the appliance if the
power cord, power plug or appliance becomes
damaged in any way. Return the entire appliance
to the nearest authorised Sage Service Centre for
examination and/or repair.
• Any maintenance, other than cleaning,
should be performed at an authorised Sage
• This appliance is for household use only. Do not
use this appliance for anything other than its
intended use. Do not use in moving vehicles
or boats. Do not use outdoors. Misuse may
• The installation of a residual current device
(safety switch) is recommended to provide
additional safety protection when using
electrical appliances. It is advisable that
a safety switch with a rated residual operating
current not exceeding 30mA be installed in
the electrical circuit supplying the appliance.
See your electrician for professional advice.