• When installing Peerless mounts on concrete, verify that you have a minimum of 1 5/8" of actual concrete surface in
the 1/4" diameter hole to be used for the concrete anchors. Do not drill into mortar joints! Concrete must meet ASTM
• Concrete must be 2000 psi density minimum. Lighter density concrete may not hold concrete anchor.
• Make sure that the supporting surface will safely support the combined load of the equipment and all attached hard-
ware and components.
• Never exceed the Maximum UL Load Capacity of 50 lb (27 kg).
Installation to Concrete Ceilings
ACC 203 (Alligator
Drill two 1/4" (6 mm) dia. holes to a minimum depth of
2.5" (64 mm). Attach ceiling plate (G) using two
concrete anchors and #14 x 2.5" wood screws (F) as
shown in Illustration A and 1, 2, and 3 (below).
Tighten all fasteners.
IMPORTANT: It is the responsibility of the installer
to verify that the ceiling will safely support the
combined load of all attached hardware and
• Tighten wood screws so that ceiling plate is firmly
attached, but do not overtighten. Overtightening can
damage the screws, greatly reducing their holding
• Never tighten in excess of 80 in • lb (9 N.M.).
• Make sure that mounting screws are anchored into the
center of the studs. The use of an "edge to edge" stud
finder is highly recommended.
Drill hole and insert anchor
Place ceiling plate over anchor and secure with screw
After repeating step one tighten all fasteners
Visit the Peerless Web Site at www.peerlessmounts.com
concrete anchors) are recommended.
• FOR DIRECT ATTACHMENT TO LOAD BEARING
CONCRETE ONLY! Concrete expansion anchors are
not intended for attachment to concrete ceilings
covered with a layer of plaster, drywall, or other
finishing material. If mounting to concrete ceiling
covered with plaster / drywall is unavoidable, plaster /
drywall must be counterbored as shown below.
4 of 8
ISSUED: 11-01-06 SHEET #: 055-9478-6 01-14-09
For customer care call 1-800-729-0307 or 708-865-8870.