6. PUMP DOWN
6.1. Pump down
PUMP DOWN OPERATION (FORCED COOLING OPERATION)
To avoid discharging refrigerant into the atmosphere at the time of relocation or disposal,
recover refrigerant by doing the forced cooling operation according to the following proce-
(1) Conduct preliminary operation for 5 to 10 minutes using the forced cooling operation.
Start the forced cooling operation. Keep on pressing the MANUAL AUTO button of the
indoor unit for more than 10 seconds. The operation indicator lamp and timer indicator
lamp will begin to flash simultaneously during test run. (The forced cooling operation
cannot start if the MANUAL AUTO button is not kept on pressing for more than 10 sec-
(2) Close the valve stem of 2-way valve completely.
(3) Continue the forced cooling operation for 2 to 3 minutes, then close all the valve stems
on the 3-way valves
(4) Stop the operation.
• Press the START/STOP button of the remote controller to stop the operation.
• Press the MANUAL AUTO button when stopping the operation from the indoor unit
(It is not necessary to press down for more than 10 seconds.)
Please check the refrigerant circuit for any leaks before starting the pump down
Do not proceed with the pump down operation if there is no refrigerant left in the
circuit due to bent or broken piping
During the pump down operation, be sure to turn off the compressor before
removing the refrigerant piping.