Download  Print this page

Safety Precautions - Siemens Gigaset A58h Manual

Hide thumbs

Advertisement

Safety precautions

Before using your telephone equipment, basic
safety instructions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to
persons.
1. Read and understand all instructions.
2. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on
the product.
3. Unplug this product from the wall telephone
jack and power outlet before cleaning. Do not use
liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use damp
cloth for cleaning.
4. Do not use this product near water, for example,
near a bathtub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, or laun-
dry tub, in a wet basement or near a swimming
pool.
5. Place this product securely on a stable surface.
Serious damage and/or injury may result if the
unit falls.
6. Slots or openings in the cabinet and the back
and bottom are provided for ventilation, to pro-
tect it from overheating. These openings must not
be blocked or covered. This product should never
be placed near or over a radiator or heat register,
or in a place where proper ventilation is not pro-
vided.
7. This product should be operated only from the
type of power source indicated on the marking
label. If you are not sure of the type of AC line
power to your home, consult your dealer or local
power company.
8. Do not place objects on the power cord. Install
the unit where no one can step or trip on the cord.
9. Do not overload wall outlets and extension
cords as this can result in the risk of fire or electric
shock.
10. Never push objects of any kind into this prod-
uct through cabinet slots as they may touch dan-
gerous voltage points or short out parts that could
result in the risk of fire or electric shock. Never spill
liquid of any kind on this product.
11. To reduce the risk of electric shock or burns, do
not disassemble this product. Take it to a qualified
service center when service is required. Opening
or removing covers may expose you to dangerous
voltages, dangerous electrical current or other
risks. Incorrect reassembly can cause electric
shock when the appliance is subsequently used.
12. Unplug the product from the wall outlet and
refer servicing to qualified service personnel
under the following conditions:
a.) When the power cord is damaged or frayed.
b.) If liquid has been spilled into the product.
c.) If the product has been exposed to rain or
water.
FCC / ACTA Information
d.) If the product does not operate normally by fol-
lowing the operating instructions. Adjust only
those controls that are covered by the operating
instructions because improper adjustment of
other controls may result in damage and may
require extensive work by a qualified technician to
restore the product to normal operation.
e.) If the product has been dropped or physically
has been damaged.
f.) If the product exhibits a distinct change in per-
formance.
13. Avoid using a telephone (other than a cordless
type) during a thunderstorm. There may be a
remote risk of electrical shock from lightning.
Therefore we suggest a surge arrestor.
14. Do not use the telephone to report a gas leak
in the vicinity of the leak.
15. Emergency/911 numbers may not be dialed if
the keypad is locked.
16. Minimum No. 26 AWG telecommunication line
cord must be used with this phone.
BATTERY SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
To reduce the risk of fire, injury or electric shock,
and to properly dispose of batteries, please read
and understand the following instructions.
CONTAINS NICKEL METAL HYDRIDE BATTERY. BAT-
TERY MUST BE RECYCLED OR DISPOSED OF PROP-
ERLY. DO NOT DISPOSE OF IN MUNICIPAL WASTE.
1. Only use the batteries specified for use with this
product.
2. DO NOT USE NICKEL CADMIUM OR LITHIUM
BATTERIES, or mix batteries of different sizes or
from different manufacturers in this product. DO
NOT USE NONRECHARGEABLE BATTERIES.
3. Do not dispose of the batteries in a fire; the cells
may explode. Do not expose batteries to water.
Check with local codes for special disposal instruc-
tions.
4. Do not open or mutilate the batteries. Released
electrolyte is corrosive and may cause damage to
the eyes or skin. The electrolyte may be toxic if
swallowed.
5. Exercise care in handling the batteries in order
not to short the batteries with conducting materi-
als such as rings, bracelets, and keys. The batteries
or conducting material may overheat and cause
burns or fire.
6. Charge the batteries provided with, or identi-
fied for use with, this product only in accordance
with the instructions and limitations specified in
the user's manual. Do not attempt to charge the
batteries with any means other than that specified
in the users manual.
7. Periodically clean the charge contacts on both
the charger and handset.
35

Advertisement

loading

  Also See for Siemens Gigaset A58h