On operating voltage
Before operating the unit, check that the operating
voltage of your unit is identical with the voltage of
your local power supply.
• The unit is not disconnected from the AC power
source (mains) as long as it is connected to the wall
outlet, even if the unit itself has been turned off.
• Unplug the unit from the wall outlet (mains) if it is
not to be used for an extended period of time. To
disconnect the cord (mains lead), pull it out by the
plug. Never pull the cord itself.
• Should any solid object or liquid fall into the
component, unplug the unit and have the
component checked by qualified personnel before
operating it any further.
• The AC power cord must be changed only at the
qualified service shop.
• Do not place the unit in an inclined position.
• Do not place the unit in locations where it is:
— extremely hot or cold
— dusty or dirty
— very humid
— subject to direct sunlight
• Use caution when placing the unit or speakers on
surfaces that have been specially treated (with wax,
oil, polish, etc.) as staining or discoloration of the
surface may result.
On heat buildup
• Although the unit heats up during the operation,
this is not the malfunction.
• Place the unit in a location with adequate
ventilation to prevent heat build-up in the unit.
If you continuously use this unit at a large volume,
the cabinet temperature of the top, side and bottom
rises considerably. To avoid burning yourself, do not
touch the cabinet.
To prevent a malfunction, do not cover the ventilation
hole for cooling fan.
• If the unit is brought directly from a cold to a warm
location, or is placed in a very damp room, moisture
may condense on the lens inside the CD player.
Should this occur, the unit will not operate properly.
Remove the CD and leave the unit turned on for
about an hour until the moisture evaporates.
• When you move the unit, take out any discs.
If you have any questions or problems concerning
your unit, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.
Notes on VIDEO CD/CDs
• Before playing, clean the VIDEO CD/CD with a
cleaning cloth. Wipe the VIDEO CD/CD from the
• Do not use solvents.
• Do not expose the VIDEO CD/CD to direct sunlight
or heat sources.
• Discs with non- standard shapes (e.g., heart, square,
star) cannot be played on this unit. Do not use such
Cleaning the cabinet
Use a soft cloth slightly moistened with mild