Playing a disc with MP3 files
Select a file
Select a folder*
Find a point in a file*
(Lock Search function)
Select a disc
Switch to disc function
from another source
Remove the disc
You cannot select a folder during "ALL DISCS
SHUFFLE" or "1 DISC SHUFFLE."
The search function works only for the currently
playing MP3 file. Searching for a point over two or
more MP3 files is therefore not possible.
Furthermore, the playing time may not be
displayed correctly depending on the MP3 file.
DISC 1 to 5 are not available when "ALL DISCS
SHUFFLE" is selected.
You cannot select "REPEAT" and "ALL DISCS
SHUFFLE" at the same time.
Press HX (or X on the
remote). Press again to
During play or pause, turn
. AMS > clockwise
(to go forward) or
counterclockwise (to go
backward) (or press >
(to go forward) or . (to
go backward) on the
Press ALBUM +/– after
Press M or m during
At the desired point, press
HX to stop searching.
Press DISC 1 to 5*
Press DISC 1 to 5 or HX
(or CD N on the remote)
Press REPEAT during
playback until "REPEAT"
or "REPEAT1" appears.
: For all the files
on the disc up to five times.
REPEAT1: For a single file
To cancel playing
repeatedly, press REPEAT
until "REPEAT" or
Press PUSH OPEN.
• To select a file number with the remote, press the
numeric buttons after step 3.
To play file number 100 in a folder containing 100
files or more, press >10, then 1, and 10/0 twice.
• You can change the disc in the loading position
during playback of the disc in the playing position.
• With formats other than ISO 9660 level 1 and 2,
folder names or file names may not be displayed
• When naming, be sure to add the file extension
".MP3" to the file name.
• If you up the extension ".MP3" to a file other than
MP3, the unit cannot recognize the file properly and
will generate random noise that could damage your
• The following discs take a longer time to start
– a disc recorded with complicated tree structure.
• When the disc is inserted, the player reads all the
files on that disc. If there are many folders or non-
MP3 files on the disc, it may take a long time for
play to begin or for the next MP3 files to start play.
• Do not save unnecessary folders or files other than
MP3 ones in the disc to be used for MP3 listening.
We recommend that you do not save other types
files or unnecessary folders on a disc that has MP3
• A folder that does not include an MP3 files is
• Maximum folder number: 255
(The maximum number of MP3 files and folders
that can be contained on a single disc is 512.)
• Playback is possible up to 8 levels. The MP3 files
are played in the order that they were recorded on
• There may be exceptions to these rules depending
on the disc.
• Depending on the encoding/writing software,
recording device, or the recording media used at the
time an MP3 file is recorded, you may encounter
such problems as disabled playback, sound
interruptions, and noise.