I V . B A T T E R I E S A N D C H A R G I N G
NOTE: Ensure there is enough slack in both straps so the battery can fit into the battery well, under the staps.
4. Place the battery into the battery well under both straps. See figure 15B. This may require two people.
WARNING! The battery straps should never be positioned under the battery.
NOTE: Before securing both straps, ensure the D-ring is positioned as shown in figure 15. The D-ring
should be positioned within (2.54 cm) 1 in. of, but never touch the battery well.
5. Pull the front-to-back strap tight towards the rear of the scooter before securing the reusable fastener.
Place any excess strap behind the battery.
6. Pull the side-to-side strap tight towards the inside of the scooter before securing the reusable fastener.
Place any excess strap to the inside (near seat post) of the battery.
Figure 15. Front-To-Back Strap
Follow these steps to properly break in your scooter's new batteries for maximum efficiency and
1. Fully recharge any new battery prior to its initial use. This charging cycle brings the battery up to about
88% of its peak performance level.
2. Operate your new scooter in familiar and safe areas. Drive slowly at first and do not travel too far from
your home or familiar surroundings until you have become accustomed to your scooter's controls and
have properly broken in your scooter's batteries.
3. Fully recharge the batteries. They should be at over 90% of their peak performance level.
4. Operate your scooter again.
5. Fully recharge the batteries again.
6. After four or five charging cycles, the batteries are able to receive a charge of 100% of their peak
performance level and are able to last for an extended period of time.
What about public transport?
If you intend to use public transportation with your scooter, you must contact the transportation provider
in advance to determine their specific requirements.
Figure 15A. Side-to-Side Strap
Figure 15B. Battery Installed