If your valve requires maintenance or replace-
ment, follow these instructions:
Always shut off the gas supply
before removing the valve.
1) Open front pedestal door and unhook chain.
You may want to put a soft cloth on the base
of the unit so that when the pedestal door
is open it doesn't scratch the paint. See
2) Undo the six screws holding the control
panel in place.
3) Disconnect all wires from the back of the
panel and then remove panel. You should
lay the panel on a soft cloth so it doesn't get
marked up. See diagram below.
4) Remove the two outside frame pieces by
removing two screws per side. See diagram
5) Carefully remove the logs and lava rock.
6) At this point you should disconnect the gas
at the valve.
7) Remove the burner by removing the two
1/4" hex head screws. See diagram be-
Note: Use a
magnetic type screwdriver.
8) Remove eight 1/4" hex head screws holding
the burner tray assembly in place.
9) Carefully lift the burner tray assembly out.
10) To replace the burner tray assembly, simply
reverse these instructions.
U38-1 ULTIMATE Freestanding Gas Stove