User’s Guide Digital Video Baby Monitor Models: MBP622, MBP622-2, MBP622-3, MBP622-4 The features described in this User’s Guide are subject to modifications without prior notice.
Please retain your original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your Motorola product, you will need to provide a copy of your dated sales receipt to confirm warranty status. Registration is not required for warranty coverage.
Overview of the Parent Unit Display (LCD screen) Menu/OK Button Up/Volume+ Button Press to open the menu options. Press to increase sound volume. Press to confirm a selection. Press to scroll up menu options/ Power indicator LED (Blue) settings. when connected to the power Press to tilt up in zoom mode.
Parent Unit menu icons Signal Level Indication (3 Levels) No signal from the Baby Unit - out of range or turned off Night Vision Mode (Video also changes to Black/White) Battery Level Indication (4 Levels) Volume Level Control (8 Levels + Off) Brightness Level Control (8 Levels) Alarm Setting (6h, 4h, 2h, OFF) Select Camera to view...
Overview of Your Baby Unit 1. Photo Sensor (Night Vision Mode) 6. Power Adapter Socket 2. Camera Lens 7. Pair Key 3. Infrared LEDs (8) 8. Microphone 4. Power LED 5. ON/OFF Switch Important guidelines for installing your Baby Monitor •...
Table of contents 1. Safety Instructions ..................7 2. Getting Started..................10 Baby Unit Power Supply ................10 Parent Unit Battery Installation ..............10 Parent Unit Power Supply .................11 Registration (Pairing)................. 13 3. Using the Baby Monitor................14 Setting Up ....................14 Night Vision Mode..................14 Video ON/OFF..................14 4.
1. Safety Instructions WARNING Strangulation Hazard: Children have STRANGLED in cords. Keep this cord out of the reach of children (more than 3ft (1m) away). Do not remove this tag. Never use extension cords with AC Adapters. Only use the AC Adapters provided.
CAMERA SET UP & USE: • Determine a location for the Baby Unit that will provide the best view of your baby in his/her crib. • Place the Baby Unit on a flat surface, such as a dresser, bureau, or shelf or mount the Unit to a wall securely using the keyhole slots in the underside of the stand.
• Do not touch the plug contacts with sharp or metal objects. • Connect the power adapters to easily accessible electrical outlets. CAUTION Risk of explosion if battery is replaced by an incorrect type. Dispose of used batteries according to their instructions. Safety Instructions...
2. Getting Started Baby Unit Power Supply 1. Insert the small plug of the Power Adapter into the socket at the back of the Baby Unit (Camera) and plug the other end into a suitable electrical outlet. NOTE Only use the enclosed Power Adapter (6V DC / 500mA) with the slightly larger DC plug.
Small cross-head or flat-head screwdriver. 2. Place the battery cover over the compartment and gently tighten the screw in a clockwise direction using a small cross-head or flat-head screwdriver. Parent Unit Power Supply IMPORTANT Installing the rechargeable battery pack and charging it fully before use is recommended.
4. If there is no connection or you are out of range, the video display will go off, the symbol will flash on the LCD screen, and the unit will beep every 9 seconds. (If the unit is on scan symbol displays.) Move the Parent Unit closer to the Baby Unit to re-establish the link.
Registration (Pairing) The Baby Monitor Camera is pre-registered to your Parent Unit. You do not need to register it again unless the Baby Unit loses its link with the Parent Unit. To re-register your Baby Unit, or register a new Baby Unit, follow the procedure below: 1.
3. Using the Baby Monitor Setting Up • Make sure the Baby Unit and Parent Unit are both switched on. • Place the Baby Unit in a convenient location (e.g. on a table) and point the camera lens towards the area you want to monitor. •...
4. Parent Unit Menu Options Volume 1. While in monitor mode, press the UP button or DOWN button to select the desired volume level from level 1 ~ 8, or Off. (The default volume level setting is level Brightness 1. Press the button and the first menu option will appear.
Camera Control 4.5.1 Add (Pair) a camera 1. Press the button and the first menu option will appear. 2. Press the DOWN button three times to show the ADD CAMERA icon and press the button to select. will pop up, press the UP button or DOWN button to select the desired Camera Unit, and press the...
4.5.3 Delete a Camera 1. Press the button. 2. Press the DOWN button four times to show the DELETE CAMERA icon and press the button to select. will pop up, press the UP button or DOWN button to select the desired Camera unit, press the button then press the DOWN button to select the DELETE CAM icon 4.
5. Disposal of the Device (environment) At the end of the product’s life cycle, you should not dispose of this product with normal household waste. Take this product to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The symbol on the Product, User’s Guide and/or box indicates this.
7. Help Display No Display • Try recharging or replacing the Battery Pack. • Reset the Units. Disconnect the Battery Pack of the Parent Unit and unplug both the Units’ electrical power, then plug them back in. • Is the Unit turned on? Press and hold the ON/OFF button on the Parent Unit to turn it ON.
Interference Noise interference on your Parent Unit • Your Baby and Parent Units may be too close. Move them farther apart. • Make sure there is at least 3 to 6 feet (1 to 2 meters) between the 2 Units to avoid audio feedback. •...
• The screen may be in standby. Press any button on the Parent Unit to turn the screen back on. • Is the correct camera selected? Change the selected camera number. Cannot Hear Sound from the Baby Unit • The volume level in the Parent Unit may be set off or too low. Increase the volume level.
To order a replacement battery pack, contact customer service. Consumer Products and Accessories Limited Warranty ("Warranty") Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product manufactured under license by Binatone Electronics International LTD ("BINATONE"). What Does this Warranty Cover? Subject to the exclusions contained below, BINATONE warrants that this Motorola branded product ("Product") or certified accessory ("Accessory") sold...
PROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR BINATONE BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING...
(c) use of the Products or Accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product or Accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of MOTOROLA or BINATONE, are excluded from coverage.
(b) broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; (c) mismatched board serial numbers; or (d) nonconforming or non-Motorola branded housings, or parts, are excluded from coverage. Communication Services. Defects, damages, or the failure of Products or Accessories due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the Products or Accessories is excluded from coverage.
FCC and IC regulations FCC Part l5 NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
WARNING Changes or modifications to this equipment not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. Industry Canada Caution: To maintain the compliance with the Industry Canada’s RF exposure guideline, place the baby unit at least 20 cm from nearby persons. For body worn operation, this parent unit has been tested and meets Industry Canada RF exposure guidelines when used with an accessory that contains no metal.
9. Technical Specifications Baby Unit Frequency 2.4 GHz to 2.48 GHz Image sensor color CMOS 0.3M Pixels Lens f 2.5mm, F 2.4 IR LED 8 pcs Power Adapter: BLJ6W060050P-U; Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz 150mA; Output: 6V, 500mA Adapter: RJ-AS060500U502; Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz 150mA;...
Parent Unit Frequency 2.4 GHz to 2.48 GHz Display 2.4" diagonal Display colors 16M color LCD Brightness control 8 steps Volume control 8 steps + Off Power Adapter: BLJ6W060050P-U; Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz 150mA; Output: 6V, 500mA Adapter: RJ-AS060500U501; Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz 150mA;...
Manufactured, distributed or sold by Binatone Electronics International LTD., official licensee for this product. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.