Master Protection Agreements
Congratulations on making a smart purchase. Your new
product is designed and manufactured for
years of dependable operation. But like all products, it
may require preventive maintenance or repair from time
to time. That's when having a Master Protection Agree-
ment can save you money and aggravation.
The Master Protection Agreement also helps extend the
life of your new product. Here's what the Agreement*
• Parts and labor not just for repairing defects, but to
help keep products operating properly under normal
use. Our coverage goes well beyond the product
warranty. No deductibles, no functional failure
excluded from coverage— real protection.
• Expert service by a force of more than 10,000
authorized Sears service technicians, which means
someone you can trust will be working on your
• Unlimited service calls and nationwide service, as
often as you want us, whenever you want us.
• "No-lemon" guarantee – replacement of your
covered product if four or more product failures
occur within twelve months.
• Product replacement if your covered product can't
be ﬁ xed.
• Annual Preventive Maintenance Check at your
request – no extra charge.
• Fast help by phone – we call it Rapid Resolution –
phone sup-port from a Sears representative on all
products. Think of us as a "talking owner's manual."
• Power surge protection against electrical damage
due to power ﬂ uctuations.
• $250 Food Loss Protection annually for any food
spoilage that is the result of mechanical failure of
any covered refrigerator or freezer.
• Rental reimbursement if repair of your covered
product takes longer than promised.
• 25% discount oﬀ the regular price of any non-
covered repair service and related installed parts.
Once you purchase the Agreement, a simple phone call
is all that it takes for you to schedule service. You can
call anytime day or night, or schedule a service ap-
The Master Protection Agreement is a risk free pur-
chase. If you cancel for any reason during the product
warranty period, we will provide a full refund. Or, a
prorated refund anytime after the product warranty
period expires. Purchase your Master Protection Agree-
Some limitations and exclusions apply. For prices and
additional information in the U.S.A. call 1-800-827-
* Coverage in Canada varies on some items. For full
details call Sears Canada at 1-800-361-6665.
Sears Installation Service
For Sears professional installation of home appliances,
garage door openers, water heaters, and other major
home items, in the U.S.A. or Canada call 1-800-4-MY-
KENMORE LIMITED WARRANTY
FOR ONE YEAR from the date of sale this appliance is warranted against
defects in material or workmanship when it is correctly installed, operated
and maintained according to all supplied instructions.
WITH PROOF OF SALE, a defective appliance will receive free repair or
replacement at option of seller.
For warranty coverage details to obtain free repair or replacement, visit the
web page: www.kenmore.com/warranty
This warranty applies for only 90 DAYS from the sale date in the United
States, and is void in Canada, if this appliance is ever used for other than
private household purposes.
This warranty covers ONLY defects in material and workmanship, and
will NOT pay for:
1. Expendable items that can wear out from normal use, including but not
limited to ﬁ lters, belts, bags or screw-in base light bulbs.
2. A service technician to clean or maintain this appliance, or to instruct
the user in correct appliance installation, operation and maintenance.
3. Service calls to correct appliance installation not performed by Sears
authorized service agents, or to repair problems with house fuses,
circuit breakers, house wiring, and plumbing or gas supply systems
resulting from such installation.
4. Damage to or failure of this appliance resulting from installation not
performed by Sears authorized service agents, including installation
that was not in accord with electrical, gas or plumbing codes.
5. Damage to or failure of this appliance, including discoloration or
surface rust, if it is not correctly operated and maintained according to
all supplied instructions.
6. Damage to or failure of this appliance, including discoloration or
surface rust, resulting from accident, alteration, abuse, misuse or use
for other than its intended purpose.
7. Damage to or failure of this appliance, including discoloration or
surface rust, caused by the use of detergents, cleaners, chemicals or
utensils other than those recommended in all instructions supplied with
8. Damage to or failure of parts or systems resulting from unauthorized
modiﬁ cations made to this appliance.
9. Service to an appliance if the model and serial plate is missing,
altered, or cannot easily be determined to have the appropriate
certiﬁ cation logo.
Disclaimer of implied warranties; limitation of remedies
Customer's sole and exclusive remedy under this limited warranty shall be
product repair or replacement as provided herein. Implied warranties, in-
cluding warranties of merchantability or ﬁ tness for a particular purpose, are
limited to one year or the shortest period allowed by law. Seller shall not be
liable for incidental or consequential damages. Some states and provinces
do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential dam-
ages, or limitation on the duration of implied warranties of merchantability
or ﬁ tness, so these exclusions or limitations may not apply to you.
This warranty applies only while this appliance is used in the United
States or Canada*.
This warranty gives you speciﬁ c legal rights, and you may also have other
rights which vary from state to state.
* In-home repair service is not available in all Canadian geographical
areas, nor will this warranty cover user or servicer travel and transportation
expenses if this product is located in a remote area (as deﬁ ned by Sears
Canada Inc.) where an authorized servicer is not available.
Sears Brands Management Corporation, Hoﬀ man Estates, IL 60179
Sears Canada Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 2C3