Important Safety Instructions
• Do not allow children to play on or in the laundry center.
Close supervision of children is necessary when the
washer is used near children. As children grow, teach
them the proper, safe use of all appliances.
• Destroy the carton, plastic bag and other packing
materials after the laundry center is unpacked. Children
might use them for play. Cartons covered with rugs, bed-
spreads or plastic sheets can become airtight chambers.
• Keep laundry products out of children's reach. To prevent
personal injury, observe all warnings on product labels.
• Before the laundry center is removed from service or
discarded, remove the washer lid to prevent accidental
• Failure to comply with these warnings could result in seri-
ous personal injuries.
• To prevent shock hazard and assure stability during
operation, the laundry center must be installed and
electrically grounded by a qualiﬁ ed service person in
accordance with local codes. Installation instructions
are packed in the washer for installer's reference. Refer
to INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS for detailed ground-
ing procedures. If the laundry center is moved to a new
location, have it checked and reinstalled by a qualiﬁ ed
• To prevent personal injury or damage to the laundry
center, the electrical power cord of a gas dryer must
be plugged into a properly grounded and polarized
3-prong outlet. The third grounding prong must never be
removed. Never ground the dryer to a gas pipe. Do not
use an extension cord or an adaptor plug.
FIRE/ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD
Avoid ﬁ re hazard or electrical shock. Do not use an
adaptor plug or extension cord or remove grounding prong
from electrical power cord. Failure to follow this warning
can cause serious injury, ﬁ re or death.
Po Power cord with
wer cord with
3-prong gr grounded plug
• ALWAYS disconnect the laundry center from the electri-
cal supply before attempting any service or cleaning.
Failure to do so can result in electrical shock or injury.
• Do not use any type spray cleanser when cleaning dryer
interior. Hazardous fumes or electrical shock could occur.
• To prevent injury, do not reach into the laundry center
while parts are moving. Before loading, unloading or
adding items, push in the cycle selector knob to stop the
cycle. Allow the wash tub or dryer drum to coast to a
complete stop before reaching inside.
Do not, under
an any cir
or bypass th
gr grounding pr