Taring weight display (TARE)
The tare function is very useful, for example for determining the weight of a child, animal
or other object placed on the scale in addition to yourself.
Proceed as follows:
– Press the Start key with no load on the
– First stand on the scales yourself with-
out the additional weight and activate
the Tare function by depressing and
holding the HOLD/TARE key.
The display is reset to zero,
in the display until weight is detected to
be stable. Only then is the Tare function
fully activated. The note "NET" appears.
– Now take the additional load onto the
scale. You can leave the scale to do so,
in which case
The scale determines the weight of the
additional load. You can now perform
as many weighing operations as you
– Hold the key down again to deactivate
the Tare function; the scale is then back
in normal weighing mode and the tare
value has been erased.
– The tare value is likewise erased by the
scale being switched off.