1. SAFETY CAUTIONS The important contents concerned to the safety are described on the ventilator body and in this Service manual. Preserve the described items after understanding clearly the following contents (indications/illustration symbols) and reading this manual thoroughly. n Explanation of indications Indication Meaning Indicates the contents which a danger such as death or serious injury is caused in...
1-2. DANGER/WARNING/CAUTION Described in Owner’s Manual DANGER • Do not use as an air circulators for open-type burners (heaters). When gas or oil stoves are used in the home, separate equipment for circulating the air should be used. WARNING • When any abnormal condition (scorching smell or others) is found, stop the operation immediately and keep the exclusive circuit breaker “OFF”.
CAUTION • If Heat Exchange Ventilators are not used for a long period of time, keep the exclusive circuit breaker “OFF” for safety reasons. If the power is left on, any build-up of dust could cause a heat generation or a fire. •...
1-3. WARNING/CAUTION Described in Installation Manual WARNING Never fail to ask the sales office from which you bought the unit or the installing service shop to install the unit. If you install it by yourself, any inappropriate installing works would cause an electric shock or a fire. Carry out the installing works accurately in line with this installation manual.
2. TECHNICAL POINTS (PERFORMANCE) • Energy-saving ventilation to save the cooling/heating cost because the heat energy (outside air load) to be lost by ventilation is effectively recovered. • Compact construction to downside the cooling/heating equipment with size corresponding to heat energy amount to be recovered because the outside air load can be vastly de- creased.
4. SPECIFICATIONS <VN-250SE, VN-350SE> Model VN-250SE VN-350SE Type Concealed duct type Ventilation system Heat exchange Normal ventilation Heat exchange Normal ventilation Rating 50Hz 220 – 240V, 60Hz 220V Extra Extra Extra Extra High High High High high high high high 50Hz 0.48–0.5 0.46–0.48 0.37–0.39 0.47–0.5 0.46–0.48 0.37–0.39 0.63–0.65 0.59–0.6 0.56–0.57 0.61–0.63 0.57–0.6 0.54–0.56...
<VN-500SE, VN-800SE> Model VN-500SE VN-800SE Type Concealed duct type Ventilation system Heat exchange Normal ventilation Heat exchange Normal ventilation Rating 50Hz 220 – 240V, 60Hz 220V Extra Extra Extra Extra High High High High high high high high 50Hz 0.86–0.9 0.79–0.81 0.72–0.73 0.84–0.88...
<VN-1KSAE> Model VN-1KSAE Type Concealed duct type Ventilation system Heat exchange Normal ventilation Rating 50Hz 220 – 240V Extra high High Extra high High Current 1.97–2.04 1.85–1.93 1.68–1.76 1.95–2.03 1.84–1.92 1.67–1.74 Power consumption 399–445 360–399 332–367 392–438 358–392 329–362 Air volume (m²/H) 1000 1000...
(Room Air) Heat Exchanger Note) Filter Damper Motor Damper (Outside Air) (Supply Air) Ceiling Suspension Fixture Electric Parts Lid Note) Model VN-250SE has one Heat Exchange. 4-13 x 30 Oval Hole Applicable Duct Model Nominal Diameter VN-250SE Ø150 VN-350SE Ø200...
6. WIRING DIAGRAM <VN-250SE, VN-350SE, Damper Motor VN-500SE> Supply Exhaust Capacitor Capacitor Air Fan Air Fan Orange Orange Yellow Yellow Blue Blue High High Whte Whte Extra Extra Black Black High High Common Common Power Source 1 2 3 4 5 6 7...
7. OWNER’S MANUAL (EXTRACT) 7-1. Specific Caution Items 7-1-1. Checking Location of Installation This Energy Recovery Ventilators have been designed especially for use in offices, conference rooms, etc. Please check to ensure that neither the main unit nor the inlet-outlet grill are installed in any of the following locations. Locations exposed to high tem- Locations with high humidity.
7-2. Model Installation Supply Air Duct Outside Intake Duct Ceiling Suspension Bolt Pipe Hood (Supply Air) Note that when installing a unit body upside down, its printed indication is in a reversed position. (Outside Air) Room Intake Duct (Exhaust Air) 7-2-1.
(If you find it too much stained, clean it.) 1) Remove the filters. 2) Remove the two Heat Exchanger from the unit. (Model VN-250SE has one Heat Exchange.) CAUTION Filter • The weight of the Heat Exchanger is as shown in the table below.
3) Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust and dirt from the element’s surface. CAUTION • Use a brush attachment on the vacuum cleaner nozzle. Clean with a light, brushing action. Avoid using a hard nozzle as it may disfigure the heat ex- change foils.
7-4-2. Model VN-800SE/VN-1KSAE • Stop the operation and keep the exclusive breaker "OFF". Hook Inspection Cover • Cleaning the filter (When required) 1) Enter the ceiling from the Inspection Opening for the Heat Exchange Ventilators, and remove the screw on the inspection cover.
2) Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust and dirt from the element's surface. CAUTION • Use a brush attachment on the vacuum cleaner nozzle. Clean with a light, brushing action. Avoid using a hard nozzle as it may disfigure the heat ex- change foils.
(For the inspection of Filters, Heat Exchanger, Fans, Heat Exchanger, Fans, Heat Exchanger Heat Exchanger Motors and Damper.) Motors and Damper.) Note) Model VN-250SE has one Heat Exchange. Note) Model VN-1KSAE has four Heat Exchange. Unit : mm Unit : mm Model Model VN-250SE...
• Do not use in bathrooms or food preparation areas etc. If you use the unit at the place of much soot and high humidity, the filter or the Heat Exchanger gets clogged and disables you to use it. • Use the Heat Exchange Ventilators in the ambient temperature of 40°C or less. Never install the unit at the place where the flame likely reaches directly the unit.
EAFM to the switch and the main unit. On the product. do not attach more then one cable to each terminal. (LINE) (NEUTRAL) Model Power Source VN-250SE 220-240V~50Hz/ VN-350SE 220V~60Hz VN-500SE Operation Switch (1) 0 (OFF) (2) 1 (ON) COMMON...
Damper Motor Supply Exhaust Capacitor Capacitor Air Fan Air Fan Orange Orange Yellow Yellow Blue Blue High High Whte Whte Extra Extra High Black High Black Common Common Power Source 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 3 4 5 CN–...
8-5. Duct Installation • Wind the junction of an adaptor and a duct with an aluminum tape firmly to prevent any air leakage. • The room intake opening should be positioned as far as possible from the inside supply opening. •...
9. HOW TO DIAGNOSE THE TROUBLE <VN-250SE, VN-350SE, VN-500SE, VN-800SE, VN-1KSAE> Phenomenon Check point Cause Measures Motor fan does not • Wall switch Connection failure, Incor- • Replace wall switch. Correct revolve. rect connection connection. • Lead wire Wire disconnection •...
10. HOW TO REPLACE THE MAIN PARTS WARNING • Be sure to turn off the power supply of distribution panel, power board, and etc. before the work when power-ON is unnecessary such as a case of disassembling. Otherwise an electric shock may be caused even if the wall switch is turned off because it is a single cut switch.
• Filter 1), 2) 1) Remove the screw, turn the lock The figure is for VN-250SE. The configuration knob by 90°, and then remove the lid differs according to the model. • Heat exchanger 1), maintenance.
Position/Part Replace/Assembly procedure Description 9) Remove the screw fixing the motor fan to remove the motor fan. Screw Motor fan 10) Remove the connector of the damper Damper ass’y. 11) Remove the fixing screw of the Screw damper ass’y and slide the damper leftward to remove it.
11. CHECK WHEN REPAIR WORK COMPLETED WARNING • After repair work, check whether there is a trouble or not referring to the check points. If the check is not performed, a fire, an electric shock or an injury occurs. Before check, turn off the power supply of the distribution panel and power board.
12. Q & A FOR HEAT EXCHANGE VENTILATORS (Users are responsible for the following contents.) Question Answer • u Fan does not operate. Is the electric wiring securely performed? For this model, the terminal block for connection of cables is provided to the side of the main unit.