PLEASE READ AND SAVE THIS USE AND CARE BOOK.
When using electrical appliances, always follow basic safety precautions to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
• Do not use this appliance for anything other
than its intended purpose.
• Close supervision is necessary when any
appliance is being used by or near children.
• Always use handles or knobs. Do not touch
• Allow unit to cool prior to moving
detachable parts or cleaning.
• Keep lid on the carafe during the brewing
cycle. Scalding may occur if it is removed.
• To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock:
Do not rest cord on hot surfaces.
Do not place on or near a hot gas or
electric burner, or in a heated oven.
Do not mount this unit over or near any
portion of another heating or cooking
Do not place another heating or cooking
appliance beneath this appliance.
Do not store anything directly on top of
Do not immerse cord, plugs or
appliance in liquid.
Do not mount over a sink.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
As a safety feature, this product is equipped
with a grounded plug, which will only fit into a
three-prong outlet. Improper connection of the
grounding conductor may result in the risk of
electric shock. Consult a qualified electrician if
you are unsure whether the outlet is properly
A tamper-resistant screw secures the outer
cover. To reduce the risk of fire or electric
shock, do not attempt to remove this screw or
the outer cover. There are no user-serviceable
parts inside. Repairs should be completed by
authorized service personnel only.
Note: If the power supply cord is damaged, it
should be replaced by qualified personnel; in
Latin America, by an authorized service center.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or
• The use of accessory attachments not
recommended by the manufacturer may
result in fire, electrical shock or other injury.
• Unplug unit when not in use and before
• To disconnect, turn all controls to OFF, then
remove plug from wall outlet.
• Do not use outdoors.
• This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with reduced
physical, sensory or mental capabilities,
or lack of experience and knowledge,
unless they have been given supervision or
instruction concerning use of the appliance
by a person responsible for their safety.
• Do not operate if cord or plug or appliance
have been damaged, or after a malfunction
of any manner. Call the appropriate toll-free
number found in this manual.
1) A short power-supply cord is provided to
reduce the risk resulting from becoming
entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
2) Extension cords may be utilized if necessary.
Always exercise care with use.
3) If an extension cord is used:
a) The electrical rating of the cord should, at
a minimum, be as great as the electrical
rating of the appliance
b) The extension cord should be a
grounding-type 3-wire cord.
c) To minimize risk of being unintentionally
pulled on or tripped over, the cord should
be arranged so that it will not drape over
the counter or tabletop.