CO NT E NTS
Getting to know your Cof fee Maker
Getting to know your Control Panel
Programming your Cof fee Maker
4 Elements to Brew the Perfect Cup
Tips for a Perfect Cup of Cof fee
Brewing Cof fee
Care and Cleaning
Warranty and Customer
Ser vice Information
RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK. DO NOT OPEN.
The lightning symbol refers to "dangerous voltage"; the exclamation symbol refers
to maintenance instructions. See below.
Warning: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not remove the cover of the
coffeemaker. There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Repair should be done by
authorized service personnel only.
Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
• Read all instructions.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
• To protect against fire, electric shock and injury to
persons do not immerse cord, plugs or appliance in
water or other liquid.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance
is used by or near children.
• Unplug from outlet when either the appliance or
display clock is not in use, and before cleaning. Allow
to cool before putting on or taking off parts, and
before cleaning the appliance.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord
or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has
been damaged in any manner. Contact Consumer
Support at the number listed in this manual.
• The use of accessory attachments not
recommended by the appliance manufacturer may
result in fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter,
or touch hot surfaces.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
POLARIZED PLUG (120V models only)
This appliance has a polarized plug
(one blade is wider than the other). To
reduce the risk of electric shock, this
plug is intended to fit into a polarized
outlet only one way. If the plug does not
fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug.
If it still does not fit, contact a qualified
electrician. Do not attempt to modify the
plug in any way.
Warning: This appliance is equipped
with a tamper-resistant screw to prevent
removal of the outer cover. To reduce
the risk of fire or electric shock, do not
attempt to remove the outer cover.
There are no user-serviceable parts
inside. Repair should be done only by
authorized service personnel.
burner, or in a heated oven.
• To disconnect, turn the unit OFF, then remove plug
from wall outlet.
• Do not use this appliance for other than
• Keep lid on the carafe when in use.
• Scalding may occur if the lid is removed during the
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities, or lack of experience
and knowledge, unless they have been given
supervision or instruction concerning use of the
appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they
do not play with the appliance.
• Never fill the water reservoir past the 12-Cup
• The carafe is designed to hold 12 cups (60 ounces)
of coffee. Do not overfill.
• The carafe should never be tilted backwards.
a) A short power-supply cord is provided
to reduce the risks resulting from
becoming entangled in or tripping
over a longer cord.
b) Extension cords are available and may
be used if care is exercised in their use.
c) If an extension cord is used:
1) The marked electrical rating of the
extension cord should be at least as
great as the electrical rating of the
2) If the appliance is of the grounded
type, the extension cord should be
a grounding-type 3-wire cord; and
3) The cord should be arranged
so that it will not drape over the
counter top or tabletop where it
can be pulled on by children or
Note: If the power cord is damaged,
please contact the warranty department
listed in these instructions.