Door Removal / Reversal Instructions
14. Remove cabinet and hinge hole plugs and move to opposite side.
15. Lower freezer door onto center hinge pin.
16. Close freezer door. Have an assistant lift up on opposite side of door while tightening screws to install top hinge.
17. Flip toe grille and reinstall.
18. Plug in electrical power cord and turn refrigerator temperature control to center position. Adjust setting as necessary.
19. Ensure that all gaskets seal properly and doors are level.
Tools Necessa ry:
The direction in which your refrigerator doors open (door swing) can be
reversed, from left to right or right to left, by moving the door hinges from
one side to the other. Reversing the door swing should be performed by a
Before you begin, turn the refrigerator temperature control to "0" (OFF) and
remove the electrical power cord from the wall outlet. Remove any food from
1. Remove toe grille.
2. Remove top hinge cover. Trace around the hinge with a soft lead pencil.
This makes reinstallation easier. Remove top hinge and lift door off center
hinge pin. Set door aside.
3. Unscrew center hinge pin using adjustable wrench and save for
reassembly. Ensure plastic washer stays on hinge pin.
4. Lift refrigerator door off of bottom hinge and set aside.
5. Remove center hinge and shim by removing inside screw and loosening
two outside screws enough to allow hinge and shim to slide out. Tighten
6. Loosen two outside screws on opposite side of refrigerator, remove inside
screw and install center hinge.
7. Remove two screws on bottom hinge with 3/8" socket wrench.
8. Install bottom hinge on opposite side with the two screws removed from
9. Unscrew bottom hinge pin using adjustable wrench. Move hinge pin to
other hole in hinge and tighten with adjustable wrench.
10. Reverse door handles (see instructions on next page).
11. Move freezer and refrigerator door stops to opposite side. Before starting
screws, use an awl to puncture the foam.
12. Position refrigerator door onto bottom hinge pin and screw center hinge
pin through center hinge into top of door. Close refrigerator door to help
align hinge hole.
13. Tighten center hinge pin with adjustable wrench.