Door Removal / Reversal Instructions
The direction in which your refrigerotor doors open (door swing) con be
reversed, from loft to right or right to left, by moving the door hinges from
one side to the other. Reversing the door swiDg should be performed by a
Before you begin, turn the refrigerator temperature control to 0 (OFF) and
remove the electrical power cord from the wall outlet. Remove any food from
i. Remove toe grille.
2. Remove top hinge cover. Trace around the hinge with o soft lead pencil This
makes relnstallafion easier. Remove top hinge and lift door off center hinge p~n.
Set door aside.
3. Unscrew center hinge pin using adjustable wrench and save for reassembly. Ensure
plastic washer stays on hinge pin.
4. Lift refrigerator door off of bottom hinge and set aside.
5. Remove center hinge and shim by removing inside screw and loosening two outside
screws enough to allow hinge and shim to slide out. Tighten screws.
6. Loosen two outside screws on opposite side of refrigerator, remove inside screw
and install center hinge.
7. Remove two screws on bottom hinge with 3/8" socket wrench.
8. install bottom hinge on opposite side with the two screws removed from step 7.
9. Unscrew bottom hinge pin using adjustable wrench. Move hinge pin to other hole
in hinge and tighten with adjustable wrench.
10. Reverse door handles (see instructions on next page).
11. Move freezer and refrigerator door stops to opposite side. Before starting screws,
use on awl to puncture the foam.
12. Position refrigerator door onto bottom hinge pin and screw center hinge pin
through center h~nge into top of door. Close refrigerator door to help align
f3. Tighten center hinge pin with adiustable wrench.
14. Remove cabinet and hinge hole plugs and move to opposite side.
f 5. Lower freezer door onto ceeter hinge pin.
16. Close freezer door. Have an assistant lift up on opposite side of door while tightening screws to install top hinge.
17. Fllp toe grille and relnstalh
18. Plug in electrical power cord and turn refrigerator temperature control to center position. Adjust setting as necessary.
19. Ensure that all gaskets seal properly and doors are level.