Summary of Contents for Mitsubishi Electric JT-MC206GS-W-E
November 2012 No. U186-A HAND DRYER HANDBOOK Model: JT-MC206GS-W-E Nameplate Repair work must be performed by the manufacturer, its service agent or a similarly qualified person in order to avoid hazards.
1. Safety precautions Read the following precautions thoroughly before the maintenance, and then inspect and repair the product in a safe manner. The types and levels of danger that may arise if the product is handled incorrectly are described with the warning symbols shown below.
Request for repair ● Before repairs, take the product off the wall. ● Inspect the earth condition, and repair it if it is incomplete. Make sure that an earth leakage breaker or an over- load protection device is installed, if it is not installed, recommend the dealer to install one. ●...
(Hz) (m/s) (ℓ) HIGH 3.4-3.5 735-825 140-150 62-64 220-240 LOW 2.1-2.3 390-455 90-100 52-54 JT-MC206GS-W-E Single 50-60 HIGH 2.2-2.4 475-560 140-150 62-64 phase LOW 1.5-1.7 175-220 90-100 52-54 • Air speed is calculated from the static pressure measured by the pitot tube (at the nozzle).
5. Outside dimensions Filter Power switch With the front cover open Heater switch Air speed switch Top surface of Terminal block a washstand, etc. Power cord hole (rear) Conduit box Mounting hole position Floor surface on the lower part of the unit Clearances from walls or other Recommended dimensions for A and B objects must be larger than...
8. Fundamentals of operation Descriptions of circuit operation ( 1 ) Notes for turning the power switch ON / OFF 1 When the power switch is turned ON, the power lamp (LED 1) turns on after 1.5 seconds, and the hand dryer becomes ready for operation.
(5) Operating procedures for the test mode: indicating the number of operation/ operating time 1 How to start the test mode: Turn ON the power switch while holding down both of the heater switch and air speed switch. At this time, the power lamp blinks fast (ON for 0.1 seconds/OFF for 0.1 seconds).
9. Troubleshooting Work precautions • When servicing, recreate the malfunction two or three times before starting repairs. • When servicing, always take care to keep proper footing. • Before starting the service, always unplug the power cord from the outlet, or turn off the earth leakage breaker when no power cord plug is provided.
Error Display Cause Check Method and Remedy Tilted or fallen Make sure that the LEDs on the display circuit board (JT-33D) are upright. Malfunction of Check if the connector CN8 on the display circuit board (JT-33D) the display circuit or CN7 on the control circuit board (JT-33M) is disconnected. board (JT-33D) Is the connector on the display (The hand dryer operates,...
Error Display Cause Check Method and Remedy Connector dis- Check if the lead wire connectors between the motor and the connection for the power circuit board (JT-33P) are disconnected. motor Motor brush at the Replace the blower (assembly). end of its life (Motor error) Motor lock Check if the motor vanes are locked.
Troubles without error display Symptom Cause Check Method and Remedy The hand dryer does not Malfunction of the After checking that the connector is securely connected, meas- blow warm air. heater switch ure the resistance across the heater switch on the display circuit board (JT-33D).
10. How to call Symptom Remedy 1 The hand dryer does The power lamp is 1 If the power wires are disconnected, securely connect not blow air even not turned on. them to the terminal block. though hands are 2 If the power switch is OFF, turn it ON. inserted.
12. Overhauling procedures Work precautions • Before replacing parts, follow the instructions described in the troubleshooting. • When servicing, always take care to keep proper footing. • Before starting the service, always unplug the power cord from the outlet, or turn off the earth leakage breaker when no power cord plug is provided.
Assembly precautions • Run the lead wires through the groove of the blower cover. (Indicated by ) • Take care not to pinch the lead wires. • After installing the circuit board, make sure that the LEDs are upright. Assembly precaution Run the lead wires through the claw of the blower case.
(4) Switch (power) and power circuit board (JT-33P) 1 Remove the panel (assembly).→ See (2) 1 to 3. 2 Unscrew the clamping screw for the terminal block (TB) cover. (One PT screw 4 x 8, indicated by ) TB cover 3 Disconnect the lead connectors from the terminal block.
8 Unscrew the PCB case clamping screws. (Two PTT screws 4 x 14, indicated by ) PCB case 9 Unscrew the heat sink clamping screws. (Two SW PW PP scr M4, indicated by ) 0 Unscrew the clamping screw for the power circuit board. Heat sink (One PTT screw 4 x 14, indicated by ) a Remove the power circuit board (JT-33P).
(5) Heater (PTC) 1 Disconnect the heater lead wires from the power circuit board (JT- Nozzle 33P). → See (4) 1 to 2 and 4 to 5. 2 Unscrew the nozzle clamping screws. (Four PTT screws 4 x 14, indicated by ) Assembly precaution Tighten the screws in a crisscross pattern.
(6) Blower (assembly) (Thermal fuse of the motor) 1 Disconnect the blower lead wires from the power circuit board (JT- 33P). → See (4) 1 to 2 and 4 to 5. 2 Push the cord bush into the blower cover. (Indicated by ) Blower cover Assembly precautions Cord bush...
5 Remove the cord bush. Cord bush 6 Remove the blower stopper. Blower (assembly) 7 Remove the blower (assembly). Assembly precaution Set the blower (assembly) horizontally. Blower stopper Assembly precaution When installing the blower stopper, make sure that it is not loose. Blower stopper When reassembling Reassemble the unit in the reverse order of disassembly.
13. Parts catalog Please note the following when using the parts catalog. 1. When ordering parts, always indicate the part number, part name, and the number of parts required. 2. Parts are not always available, and it may take time for you to receive them. 3.