V I I I .
D I S A S S E M B L Y A N D A S S E M B L Y
12. Grab the handle grip on the tiller, pull upward on the tiller adjustment lever, and gently lower the tiller down to
the center of the Hurricane chassis until it is fully lowered.
NOTE: There is no need to disconnect the motor har-
ness when disassembling the Hurricane. See figure
NOTE: Raise the tiller before starting to assemble the Hurricane.
1. Place the manual freewheel lever in the drive (down) position.
2. Position the front and rear sections next to each other.
3. Tilt the rear section to a horizontal position and insert the longer tube of the front section into the rear section
first; make sure that the locking cam levers are in the unlocked (vertical) position and the ball detent pins are
4. Slide the two sections of the unit together until the front half reaches its insertion limit.
5. Secure the front and rear sections with the ball detent pins.
6. Push the frame lock levers back to their locked (downward) position.
7. Replace the ball detent pin into the docking device.
8. Plug the silver front-to-rear harness into the mating plug found on the electronics module.
9. Put the batteries in place and plug the black and white 2-pin battery harnesses into the electronics module.
10. Reconnect the battery tie-down strap.
11. Gently place the rear shroud over the seat post.
12. Lower the shroud into place.
13. Carefully lift the seat and slide the seat platform (on the seat bottom) onto the seat pedestal.
14. Rotate the seat until it locks into place.
FIGURE 27. MOTOR HARNESS