Verify Anti-Tip Bracket Location
On models with a warming drawer, the rear range foot must
be viewed from the front and slightly to one side of the range.
On models with a storage drawer, the drawer may be
removed to better view the rear range foot.
1. To remove storage drawer:
Pull drawer straight out to the first stop.
Lift up the back of the drawer and pull out.
2. To check that the anti-tip bracket is installed, use a flashlight
and look underneath the bottom of the range.
Look for the anti-tip bracket securely attached to floor.
Slide range back so rear range foot is under anti-tip
1. Place rack in oven.
2. Place level on rack and check levelness of the range, first
side to side; then front to back.
3. If range is not level, pull range forward until rear leveling leg is
removed from the anti-tip bracket.
Use pliers or wrench to adjust leveling legs up or down until
range is level. Push range back into position. Check that rear
leveling leg is engaged in anti-tip bracket.
NOTE: Range must be level for satisfactory baking
4. Replace the storage drawer:
Fit the ends of the drawer rails into the guides in the
Slide the drawer closed.
1. Check that all parts are now installed. If there is an extra part,
go back through the steps to see which step was skipped.
2. Check that you have all of your tools.
3. Dispose of/recycle all packaging materials.
4. Check that the range is level. See the "Level Range" section.
5. Use a mild solution of liquid household cleaner and warm
water to remove waxy residue caused by shipping material.
Dry thoroughly with a soft cloth. For more information, read
the "Range Care" section of the Use and Care Guide.
6. Read the "Range Use" section in the range Use and Care
7. Plug in range or reconnect power.
8. Turn on surface burners and oven. See the Use and Care
Guide for specific instruction on range operation.
If range does not operate, check the following:
Household fuse is intact and tight; or circuit breaker has not
Range is plugged into an outlet.
Electrical supply is connected.
See the "Troubleshooting" section in the Use and Care Guide.
When the range has been on for 5 minutes, check for heat. If
range is cold, turn off the range and contact a qualified
Moving the Range
Tip Over Hazard
A child or adult can tip the range and be killed.
Connect anti-tip bracket to rear range foot.
Reconnect the anti-tip bracket, if the range is moved.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death
or serious burns to children and adults.
When moving range, slide range onto cardboard or hardboard to
avoid damaging the floor covering.