When using this fireplace, basic precautions should always be taken to reduce the risk
of fire, electric shock and injury to persons, including the following:
CAUTION – Due to the high temperature, keep electrical cords, drapery and other furnishings at
least 3 feet from the front, side and rear of the fireplace.
1. Carefully read all instructions before using the fireplace and retain for future reference.
2. Remove the unit from its packaging and check to make sure it is in good condition before
3. Do not let children play with any parts of the packing (such as plastic bags, etc.).
4. Check the household voltage to ensure that it matches the fireplace's rated specification.
5. Before using the fireplace, carefully check the power cord and plug for any damage.
6. Be sure that the room is equipped with a working smoke detector.
7. Before unplugging the power cord, turn off the power. When touching the unit, keep your
hands dry to prevent electric shock.
8. Do not place the fireplace near curtains or other inflammable objects. Keep combustible
materials, such as pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet away from
the front, side and rear of the fireplace.
9. Do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner to prevent fire.
10. Do not use on soft or uneven surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
11. Exhibit extreme caution when any fireplace is in the vicinity of children and infants.
12. Never leave children or infants unattended while the fireplace is on or plugged in.
13. When not in use, always unplug the fireplace.
14. Prevent water from entering the housing of the fireplace during operation or while in storage.
15. Always store the fireplace in a dry area free from any moisture. This fireplace is not intended
for use in bathrooms, laundry areas, or similar indoor locations. Never place the fireplace
where it may fall into a bath tub or get exposed to water in any way.
16. Do not use in places where gasoline, paint, or other inflammable liquids are used or stored.
17. Do not run the cord under carpets. Do not cover the cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar
products. Arrange the cord away from traffic areas such that it will not be tripped over by
18. Do not operate any fireplace with a damaged cord, a damaged plug, after the fireplace
malfunctions, or if it has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return the fireplace to
an authorized service facility for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
19. Do not insert fingers or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as
this may lead to an electric shock or fire, or may even damage the fireplace.
20. This fireplace becomes hot during use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot
surfaces. If necessary, use the handles when moving this fireplace.
21. Use this fireplace only as described in this manual. Any other uses not recommended by the
manufacture may cause fire, electric shock, or personal injure and may void warranty
22. Always plug fireplaces directly into a wall outlet. Never use an extension cord, power strip,
surge protector, multiple outlet adapter, cord reel or outlet-type air freshener. The use of
such devices creates a fire hazard.
23. Faulty wall outlet connections may cause the wall outlet to overheat. Be sure that the
fireplace plug properly fits into the outlet before each use. During use, make sure the
fireplace plug does not overheat. If necessary, have a qualified electrician check and / or
replace the wall outlet.
24. Do not place the fireplace near a bed for objects such as pillows or blankets can fall off the
bed and be ignited by the fireplace.
25. Never clean this fireplace while it is plugged in. To disconnect, turn control to OFF, then
remove the plug from the outlet. Never pull the cord. Always hold the plug firmly and then
remove from the outlet.
GENERAL SAFETY INFORMATION