When using this fireplace, basic precautions should always be taken to reduce the risk of fire, electric
shock and injury to persons, including the following:
CAUTION – Due to the high temperature, keep electrical cords, drapery and other furnishings at least 3
feet from the front, side and rear of the fireplace.
1. Carefully read all instructions before using the fireplace and retain for future reference.
2. Remove the unit from its packaging and check to make sure it is in good condition before use.
3. Do not let children play with any parts of the packing (such as plastic bags, etc.).
4. Check the household voltage to ensure that it matches the fireplace's rated specification.
5. Before using the fireplace, carefully check the power cord and plug for any damage.
6. Be sure that the room is equipped with a working smoke detector.
7. Before unplugging the power cord, turn off the power. When touching the unit, keep your hands dry
to prevent electric shock.
8. Do not place the fireplace near curtains or other inflammable objects. Keep combustible materials,
such as pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet away from the front, side and
rear of the fireplace.
9. Do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner to prevent fire.
10. Do not use on soft or uneven surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
11. Exhibit extreme caution when any fireplace is in the vicinity of children and infants.
12. Never leave children or infants unattended while the fireplace is on or plugged in.
13. When not in use, always unplug the fireplace.
14. Prevent water from entering the housing of the fireplace during operation or while in storage.
15. Always store the fireplace in a dry area free from any moisture. This fireplace is not intended for use
in bathrooms, laundry areas, or similar indoor locations. Never place the fireplace where it may fall
into a bath tub or get exposed to water in any way.
16. Do not use in places where gasoline, paint, or other inflammable liquids are used or stored.
17. Do not run the cord under carpets. Do not cover the cord with throw rugs, runners, or similar
products. Arrange the cord away from traffic areas such that it will not be tripped over by anyone.
18. Do not operate any fireplace with a damaged cord, a damaged plug, after the fireplace malfunctions,
or if it has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return the fireplace to an authorized service
facility for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
19. Do not insert fingers or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may
lead to an electric shock or fire, or may even damage the fireplace.
20. This fireplace becomes hot during use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. If
necessary, use the handles when moving this fireplace.
21. Use this fireplace only as described in this manual. Any other uses not recommended by the
manufacture may cause fire, electric shock, or personal injure and may void warranty privileges.
22. Always plug fireplaces directly into a wall outlet. Never use an extension cord, power strip, surge
protector, multiple outlet adapter, cord reel or outlet-type air freshener. The use of such devices
creates a fire hazard.
GENERAL SAFETY INFORMATION