Charging the Battery
1. Slide the Charge Rate Selector switch to 1 amp or 2 amps.
2. Leave the charger on.
3. Monitor the battery from time to time.
Note: A clicking sound may occur during this process. This is normal.
Fuse Replacement (DC Accessory Adapter)
1. Remove plug from accessory outlet. Remove the gold cap by turning counterclockwise and lifting off.
2. Remove center pin and spring. Remove fuse.
3. Replace fuse with same type and size fuse (5 amp).
4. Replace center pin and spring inside plug.
5. Replace gold cap by turning clockwise.
Unit Not Charging
• Check that the charger is properly connected to a live 120 volt AC outlet (the LED will illuminate).
• Check that the correct charge rate has been selected for the battery being charged.
• If the battery to be charged has fallen below 2 volts, the battery cannot be recharged with this unit.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
With proper care and minimal maintenance, the 2 Amp Charge Rate Automatic Battery Maintainer will provide
years of dependable service. For maximum performance, manufacturer recommends:
1. Storing the unit in a clean, dry, cool place when not in use.
2. Cleaning the unit casing and cords (as necessary) with a dry (or slightly damp) cloth. Ensure that unit is
completely disconnected from battery and power source, before cleaning.
3. To maintain the operating condition and maximize the life of the charger cords, always coil them loosely for
storage. Do not wrap them around the unit or crimp them with a tight band.
• Do not use charger if cords have been damaged in any way — call Technical Support toll-free at (800) 544-6986.
• There are no user-serviceable parts in this unit.
• Do not open the unit. In the event of malfunction, it must be returned to manufacturer for professional testing
and repair. Opening the unit will void the manufacturer's warranty.
Recommended accessories for use with your tool are available from your local dealer or authorized service
center. If you need assistance regarding accessories, please call: 1-800-544-6986.
WARNING: The use of any accessory not recommended for use with this tool could be hazardous.
All Black & Decker Service Centers are staffed with trained personnel to provide customers with efficient and
reliable power tool service. Whether you need technical advice, repair, or genuine factory replacement parts,
contact the Black & Decker location nearest you. To find your local service location, refer to the yellow page
directory under "Tools—Electric" or call: 1-800-544-6986 or visit www.blackanddecker.com.
FULL TWO-YEAR HOME USE WARRANTY
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc. warrants this product for two years against any defects in material or workmanship.
The defective product will be replaced or repaired at no charge in either of two ways.
The first, which will result in exchanges only, is to return the product to the retailer from whom it was
purchased (provided that the store is a participating retailer). Returns should be made within the time period of
the retailer's policy for exchanges (usually 30 to 90 days after the sale). Proof of purchase may be required.
Please check with the retailer for their specific return policy regarding returns that are beyond the time set for exchanges.
The second option is to take or send the product (prepaid) to a Black & Decker owned or authorized Service
Center for repair or replacement at our option. Proof of purchase may be required. Black & Decker owned and
authorized Service Centers are listed under "Tools-Electric" in the yellow pages of the phone directory and on
our website www.blackanddecker.com.