• Do not operate unit with damaged cord or plug; or if the unit has received a sharp blow, been
dropped, or otherwise damaged in any way. Do not disassemble the unit; take it to a qualified
service technician when service or repair is required. Incorrect reassembly may result in a risk of
electric shock or fire, and will void warranty.
• Use of an attachment not supplied, recommended or sold by manufacturer specifically for use with
this unit may result in a risk of electrical shock and injury to persons.
• NEVER submerge this unit in water; do not expose it to rain, snow or use when wet.
• To reduce risk of electric shock, disconnect the unit from any power source before attempting
maintenance or cleaning. Turning off controls without disconnecting will not reduce this risk.
WARNING: RISK OF EXPLOSIVE GASES:
• Working in the vicinity of a lead acid battery is dangerous. Batteries generate explosive gases during
normal battery operation. For this reason, it is of the utmost importance that each time before using the
battery maintainer you read this manual and follow instructions exactly.
• To reduce the risk of battery explosion, follow these instructions and those published by the
battery manufacturer and manufacturer of any equipment you intend to use in the vicinity of the
battery. Review cautionary markings on these products and on the engine.
• This equipment employs parts (switches, relays, etc.) that produce arcs or sparks. Therefore, if
used in a garage or enclosed area, the unit MUST be placed not less than 18 inches above the floor.
• THIS UNIT IS NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN AND SHOULD ONLY BE OPERATED BY ADULTS.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE:
• Pull cord by plug rather than cord when disconnecting the 120V AC Charging Adapter from the unit.
• NEVER ATTEMPT TO JUMP-START OR CHARGE A FROZEN BATTERY.
• To recharge this unit, use only the supplied AC Charging Adapter.
• Vehicles that have on-board computerized systems may be damaged if vehicle battery is jump-
started. Before jump-starting, read the vehicle's owner's manual to confirm that external-starting
assistance is suitable.
• When working with lead acid batteries, always make sure immediate assistance is available in case
of accident or emergency.
• Always have protective eyewear when using this product: contact with battery acid may cause blindness
and/or severe burns. Be aware of first aid procedures in case of accidental contact with battery acid.
• Have plenty of fresh water and soap nearby in case battery acid contacts skin.
• If battery acid contacts skin or clothing, wash immediately with soap and water for at least 10
minutes and get medical attention immediately.
• Never smoke or allow a spark or flame in vicinity of vehicle battery, engine or battery maintainer.
• Remove personal metal items such as rings, bracelets, necklaces and watches when working with
a lead acid battery. A lead acid battery can produce a short circuit current high enough to weld a
ring, or the like of a metal, causing a severe burn.
• Never allow battery acid to come in contact with this unit.
• Do not operate this unit in a closed area or restrict ventilation in any way.
• FIRST AID – SKIN: If battery acid comes in contact with skin, rinse immediately with water, then wash
thoroughly with soap and water. If redness, pain, or irritation occurs, seek immediate medical attention.
EYES: If battery acid comes in contact with eyes, flush eyes immediately, for a minimum of 15
minutes and seek immediate medical attention.
Power Cord Safety:
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other) as a safety feature. This plug
will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the
plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
Preparing to Charge
1. Determine voltage of battery to be charged by referring to the vehicle manual.
2. it is necessary to remove battery from vehicle to charge, or to clean terminals, always remove
grounded terminal from battery first. Make sure all accessories in the vehicle are off, so as not to
cause an arc.