5. Carefully connect the NEGATIVE (BLACK) charger clamp to the free end of the battery cable
connected to the negative terminal.
6. Set the charge rate to appropriate setting according to battery size.
7. When disconnecting charger, always do so in reverse sequence of connecting procedure and
break first connection while as far away from battery as practical.
Note: A marine (boat) battery must be removed and charged on shore. To charge it on board
requires equipment specially designed for marine use. This unit is NOT designed for such use.
• Check unit periodically for wear and tear. Take to a qualified technician for replacement of worn or
defective parts immediately.
• Read This Instruction Manual Before Using This Unit.
Thank you for selecting the Black & Decker
proper care and use, it will give you years of dependable service. Please read and observe all safety
warnings and cautions and this entire user's manual, before installing or using this device. The manual
should then be retained for quick reference whenever the unit is used. Figure 1 shows the battery
charger and its components.
Figure 1. 2 Amp Battery Maintainer Connection Diagram
110/120 VOLT AC PLUG END
• The unit has two charge rate settings, controlled by one switch:
a) 2 amp: for recharging motorcycles, lawn mowers, tractors, ATVs, snowmobiles and personal watercraft
b) 1 amp: for maintenance charging RVs, speciality vehicles, antique and classic cars, marine deep
cycle batteries and more
• Maintains battery charge in stored vehicles
• Excellent for winter pre-start battery warm-up
• Includes three connector sets:
a) DC accessory plug
b) Battery harness clips
c) Battery ring terminal harness
• Charging indicators:
a) Red – bad connection, battery not able to accept charge, reverse polarity hook-up
b) Yellow – connection correct and charging
c) Green – fully charged
• UL-Listed for safety
• Fully automatic; powers on when needed, powers off when battery is fully-charged or topped-off
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
2 Amp Charge Rate Automatic Battery Maintainer. With
2 AMP BATTERY MAINTAINER
BATTERY TERMINAL RINGS
DC ACCESSORY PLUG