2 AMP CHARGE RATE AUTOMATIC BATTERY MAINTAINER INSTRUCTION MANUAL Catalog Number BM2B Thank you for choosing Black & Decker! Go to www.BlackandDecker.com/NewOwner to register your new product BEFORE RETURNING THIS PRODUCT FOR ANY REASON PLEASE CALL 1-800-544-6986 BEFORE YOU CALL, HAVE THE CATALOG No, AND DATE CODE AVAILABLE.
GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL APPLIANCES READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS WARNING: Read all instructions before operating product. Failure to follow all instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury. • AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENTS Don’t use appliances in damp or wet locations. Don’t use appliances in the rain.
• EXTENSION CORDS. Make sure your extension cord is in good condition. When using an extension cord, be sure to use one heavy enough to carry the current your product will draw. An undersized cord will cause a drop in line voltage resulting in loss of power and overheating. The following table shows the correct size to use depending on cord length and nameplate ampere rating.
• Do not operate unit with damaged cord or plug; or if the unit has received a sharp blow, been dropped, or otherwise damaged in any way. Do not disassemble the unit; take it to a qualified service technician when service or repair is required. Incorrect reassembly may result in a risk of electric shock or fire, and will void warranty.
3. Clean battery terminals. Do not allow corrosion to come in contact with eyes. 4. Add distilled water in each cell until battery acid reaches level specified by battery manufacturer. This helps purge excessive gas from cells. Do not overfill. For a battery without cell caps (maintenance free), carefully follow manufacturer's charging instructions.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS INTRODUCTION Thank you for selecting the Black & Decker 2 Amp Charge Rate Automatic Battery Maintainer. With ® proper care and use, it will give you years of dependable service. Please read and observe all safety warnings and cautions and this entire user’s manual, before installing or using this device. The manual should then be retained for quick reference whenever the unit is used.
• Built-in circuit protection guards against overcharging or short circuit • Automatically checks for correct polarity (requires a minimum of 2.0 volts battery voltage) • Convenient, color-coded ring terminals/clamps for easy, correct installation • Charges with high frequency, pure, DC current OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS Ensure that all installation and operating instructions and safety precautions are understood and carefully followed by anyone installing or using the charger.
• If the battery to be charged has fallen below 2 volts, the battery cannot be recharged with this unit. CARE AND MAINTENANCE With proper care and minimal maintenance, the 2 Amp Charge Rate Automatic Battery Maintainer will provide years of dependable service. For maximum performance, manufacturer recommends: 1.
This warranty does not apply to accessories. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province. Should you have any questions, contact the manager of your nearest Black & Decker Service Center. This product is not intended for commercial use. FREE WARNING LABEL REPLACEMENT: If your warning labels become illegible or are missing, call 1-800- 544-6986 for a free replacement.