GENERAL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL APPLIANCES
WARNING: Read all instructions before operating product. Failure to follow all instructions listed
below may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
• AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENTS Don't use appliances in damp or wet locations. Don't use
appliances in the rain.
• KEEP CHILDREN AWAY. All visitors should be kept at a distance from work area.
• STORE IDLE APPLIANCES INDOORS. When not in use, appliances should be stored indoors in dry,
and high or locked-up place – out of reach of children.
• DON'T FORCE APPLIANCE. It will do the job better and with less likelihood of a risk of injury at the
rate for which it was designed.
• USE RIGHT APPLIANCE. Do not use the appliance for any job except that for which it is intended.
• DRESS PROPERLY. Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry. They can be caught in moving parts.
Rubber gloves and substantial, non-skid footwear are recommended when working outdoors. Wear
protective hair covering to contain long hair.
• USE SAFETY GLASSES AND OTHER SAFETY EQUIPMENT. Use safety goggles or safety glasses with
side shields, complying with applicable safety standards and, when needed, a face shield. Also use face
or dust mask if operation is dusty. This applies to all persons in the work area. Also use a hard hat,
hearing protection, gloves, safety shoes and dust collection systems when specified or required. Safety
glasses or the like are available at extra cost at your local dealer or Black & Decker Service Center.
• DON'T ABUSE CORD. Never carry appliance by cord or yank it to disconnect from receptacle. Keep
cord from heat, oil, and sharp edges.
• DON'T OVERREACH. Keep proper footing and balance at all times.
• DISCONNECT APPLIANCES. Disconnect the appliance from the power supply when not in use, before
servicing, and when changing accessories such as blades and the like.
• AVOID UNINTENTIONAL STARTING. Don't carry plugged-in appliance with finger on switch. Be sure
switch is off when plugging in.
• GROUND FAULT CIRCUIT INTERRUPTER (GFCI) protection should be provided on the circuits or
outlets to be used. Receptacles are available having built in GFCI protection and may be used for this
measure of safety.
• USE OF ACCESSORIES AND ATTACHMENTS. The use of any accessory or attachment not
recommended for use with this appliance could be hazardous. Note: Refer to the accessory section of
this manual for further details.
• STAY ALERT. Watch what you are doing. Use common sense. Do not operate tool when you are tired.
• CHECK DAMAGED PARTS. Before further use of the tool, a guard or other part that is damaged should
be carefully checked to determine that it will operate properly and perform its intended function. Check
for alignment of moving parts, binding of moving parts, breakage of parts, mounting, and any other
conditions that may affect its operation. A guard or other part that is damaged should be properly
repaired or replaced by an authorized service center unless otherwise indicated elsewhere in this
instruction manual. Have defective switches replaced by authorized service center. Do not use tool if
switch does not turn it on and off.
• DO NOT OPERATE portable electric tools near flammable liquids or in gaseous or explosive
atmospheres. Motors in these tools normally spark, and the sparks might ignite fumes.
• OUTDOOR USE EXTENSION CORDS. When tool is used outdoors, use only extension cords
intended for use outdoors and so marked.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS