IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
FOR BATTERY CHARGER
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS
1. This manual contains important safety and operating instructions for battery charger
Model UC 14YF2.
2. Before using battery charger, read all instructions and cautionary markings on (1) battery
charger, (2) battery, and (3) product using battery.
3. To reduce risk of injury, charge HITACHI rechargeable battery type EB7, EB9, EB12, EB14
series. Other type of batteries may burst causing personal injury and damage.
4. Do not expose battery charger to rain or snow.
5. Use of an attachment not recommended or sold by the battery charger manufacturer may
result in a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
6. To reduce risk of damage to electric plug and cord, pull by plug when disconnecting
7. Make sure cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over, or otherwise
subjected to damage or stress.
8. An extension cord should not be used unless absolutely necessary. Use of improper
extension cord could result in a risk of fire and electric shock.
If extension cord must be used make sure:
That blades of extension cord are the same number, size, and shape as those of plug
on battery charger:
b. That extension cord is properly wired and in good electrical condition; and
That wire size is large enough for AC ampere rating of battery charger as specified
in Table 1.
AC Input Rating Amperes*
Equal to or
Death or serious bodily injury could result from improper or unsafe use
of battery chargers. To avoid these risks, follow these basic safety
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM AWG SIZE FOR
EXTENSION CORDS FOR BATTERY CHARGERS
AWG Size of Cord
Length of Cord, Feet (Meter)
100 (30) 150 (45)