Start WinDVD by inserting the DVD into the drive. The region code is
automatically set and you can view the movie. This is the initial setting.
After the region code has been set, if you insert a DVD with a different region
code, you are prompted to change the region code. You can change the region code
from your initial setting up to four times.
After the region code has been changed from its initial setting four times, it is fixed
and can no longer be changed. Thereafter, you can play DVD content only from
To display the region code status, click the WinDVD Properties button on the
WinDVD user interface. The General tab contains this information.
To change the region code, do the following:
1. Turn on your computer and start your operating system.
2. Click Start.
3. Select Programs.
4. Click Intervideo WinDVD.
5. Click the Properties icon to open the Properties window.
6. Click the General Properties tab.
7. Insert a single region DVD of the new region.
8. Select the correct region code for your country.
9. Click OK.
To start WinDVD, complete the following procedure:
1. Click Start.
2. Click Programs.
3. Click InterVideo WinDVD.
4. Click InterVideo WinDVD to open the DVD movie player window.
1. Your computer has been configured to provide the highest quality audio and
2. Audio or video streams are decoded by software. The audio and video
IBM ThinkPad Multi-Burner Plus Ultrabay Enhanced Drive: User's Guide
People's Republic of China
For more information on how to play the DVD movie player, refer to the
WinDVD help information on the Software and User's Guide Super CD. If you
want to watch a DVD movie on your TV, refer to the online information
provided with your computer.
video playback obtainable with the available system resources. You can alter
the default settings by changing the video resolution setting within the Control
Panel. Some systems do not have enough resources to provide full-quality
audio and video playback at all resolution settings. If you experience poor
playback performance, adjust the resolution to a lower setting.
subsystems need to be fully functional and enabled.