RF IDeas: pcSwipeConfig.exe
ID TECH; USB Swipe & Insert Reader programming tool
MagTek: MiniMag II Configuration Software
ID TECH Magnetic Stripe Reader Configuration Upgrade
Software can be found at:
Select the IDTech_Xerox_Config.zip file to access the ID TECH MagStripe Configuration file that will be
required later in the setup process. The file is located within the
mentioned in the Prerequisites section.
Save the file to your PC for later use.
After installing (note: requires a restart) and running the Magstripe Configuration Utility:
1. Select Reader Interface button.
2. Select "USB"(Radio button below USB picture) and then select "Continue":
The reader will beep a few times and the screen will return back to the default view.
3. Select "Change Basic Reader Settings":
4. Select "Load from File":
5. Navigate to where you saved the configuration file, then select it followed by "Open":
You should get a message that loading the file was successful. Select "Ok":
6. Select "Send to MSR":
Reader will beep once or twice and you see a message that the settings were successfully
7. You are now done programming the reader. Select "Close" and then 'EXIT':
USB Card Reader Configuration Guide