Setting Up the Fibre Bridge
Fibre Bridge Connection, Expanded
Configuration Example (DLT Libraries Only)
1. Properly shut down all peripheral devices that will be connected to
the Fibre Bridge, including the hub(s). Check with the system
administrator before turning off power to either hubs or libraries.
Failure to turn off all power could result in damage to the devices.
2. Connect a SCSI cable from bus 1 on the Fibre Bridge to bus 1 on the
library one. For a two-drive library, connect a SCSI cable from bus 2
on the Fibre Bridge to bus 2 on the library.
3. Connect the optical cable from the Fibre Bridge to the hub.
4. Connect an optical cable from the hub to each host system.
If you have a 6-8 host system, you will need an additional hub. (See
Figure 2-3 and Figure 2-4 for examples of expanded configurations.)
5. Connect the power cord from Fibre Bridge one to an grounded outlet.
6. Confirm that all cable ends are connected securely and both ends of
each SCSI bus are properly terminated, as shown in Figure 2-4 or
Figure 2-5 on page 2-10.
7. See poweron instructions in Chapter 3.